UH OH!

Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

Default UH OH!

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Conan The Librarian wrote:

No, I *chose* where I live. What's your excuse for living in
Chambana? ;-)

My health. I came for the waters.

Hmmm ... exactly what waters would those be?

Chuck Vance (and I'm not talking about that ****-poor excuse for
beer that you drink)
Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Conan The Librarian wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Conan The Librarian wrote:

No, I *chose* where I live. What's your excuse for living in
Chambana? ;-)

My health. I came for the waters.

Hmmm ... exactly what waters would those be?

I was misinformed.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 22nd, 2007, 07:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

the only time I'd ever
watch a football game indoors is if the Illini play in the Sugar Bowl.

far too dangerous an undertaking for me, what with all those pigs
flying around...

yfitons
wayno(not to speak of how the event would impact on my heat loving
friends in hell)

Old January 22nd, 2007, 07:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

" wrote in
ps.com:

far too dangerous an undertaking for me, what with all those pigs
flying around...

You owe me one keyboard.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Scott Seidman wrote:
" wrote:
far too dangerous an undertaking for me, what with all those pigs
flying around...

You owe me one keyboard.

I hope the Illini never get stuck in another Sugar Bowl, especially
against LSU because it's essentially a home game for them. That was
the year we wuz robbed of our Rose Bowl by the BCS.

When the Illini went to the Rose Bowl in 1984 to play UCLA, (hmmmm,
the Rose Bowl *IS* a home game for UCLA), I was in the middle of
some computer weenie project of such supreme importance I can't
even remember what the hell it was. I was too busy to go to the
Rose Bowl but no matter, the Illini would be going to the Rose Bowl
with regularity. Boy was I stupid. Then come 2002, we *finally* win
the Big10 again and they stick us the friggin' Sugar Bowl.

Could be worse, I guess. I could have scored single digits on my
SATs and been forced to be a Tar Heel. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 23rd, 2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
. net...

When the Illini went to the Rose Bowl in 1984 to play UCLA, (hmmmm,
the Rose Bowl *IS* a home game for UCLA), I was in the middle of
some computer weenie project of such supreme importance I can't
even remember what the hell it was. I was too busy to go to the
Rose Bowl but no matter,

That was a game?...UCLA 45 Fighting lllini 9
Well the good thing is you could fly-fish on New Years.
fwiw,
-tom

Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Nakashima wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote:
When the Illini went to the Rose Bowl in 1984 to play UCLA, (hmmmm,
the Rose Bowl *IS* a home game for UCLA), I was in the middle of
some computer weenie project of such supreme importance I can't
even remember what the hell it was. I was too busy to go to the
Rose Bowl but no matter,

That was a game?...

No, not much of one.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
news
I was too busy to go to the Rose Bowl but no matter,

That was a game?...

No, not much of one.

--
Ken Fortenberry

A good reason to watch the Rose Bowl:
http://duggmirror.com/football/Rose_...me_ass/usc.gif
fwiw,
-tom

Old January 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
:
: You owe me one keyboard.

: I hope the Illini never get stuck in another Sugar Bowl, especially
: against LSU because it's essentially a home game for them. That was
: the year we wuz robbed of our Rose Bowl by the BCS.

The way they've been playing in the last few years that's not much of a
worry... I went to one game last season... Syracuse I think it was... it was
a close game for part of the first quarter... the folks calling into the
radio talks shows were furious after the game...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page