Stupid, stupid, stupid. And sad .......

Old April 30th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Wolfgang

Default Stupid, stupid, stupid. And sad .......

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message
. com...

...there's something about being a redneck that makes your enemy your

friend.

It is an unfortunate accident of history (due largely to the fact that they
were first identified there) that the general public still believes the
species to be native only to the southern United States. In fact, and as
all qualified sytematists are well aware, the species is endemic to all of
North America.....the confusion being almost entirely a matter of a song
that varies somewhat in inflection by geographic region. It will come as a
surprise to many (ignorance being one of those rare commodities immune to
the laws of supply and demand) that Wisconsin and, especially, Michigan rank
very high among their traditional strongholds. And, of course, the genus is
well represented by prolific native species in all parts of the world. Not
surprisingly (for such a cosmopolitan......in the zoological sense of the
word....cohort) they have managed to thrive in close proximity to human
habitation. Naturally, they have come to think of anything that speaks to
them before shooting at them (as any reasonable human being would
do......um.....the latter, that is) as a friend. Somewhat paradoxically
(or, seemingly so, at any rate) anything capable of coherent speech is their
enemy. And thus, yes, you are absolutely right.......what could possibly be
clearer?

Wolfgang
who, obviously, is not above belaboring the obvious.

Old April 30th, 2004, 03:47 PM
tim_s

Trust me on this one guys, no matter what you think of Bush, Kerry is not a
good alternative.

I am *not* a republican. I am registered as independent, and have never voted a
straight ticket in my life. While it is true that I lean to the right, I would
dearly love to see a viable alternative in the coming election. Having suffered
through years of Kerry as our junior senator, I can say he is an empty suit
covering a stuffed shirt.

I still can't believe that the Dem's will give him the nomination. I keep
thinking that shortly before the convention Kerry will "back out" do to "health
concerns" or some other acceptable reason.

To be totally honest, if Joe Lieberman was the nominee, I really don't know who
I would vote for.

George Adams

as someone firmly entrenched in the middle (our two teacher/2 job each
household income was just over 60k last year), i fully accept the fact
that i make too much for Dems to care for me & far, far too little for
Repubs to give a rats arse about me....i also firmly believe we have
one political party here in this country, controlled by polarized
special interest groups; the Dems just get their PAC money from nicer
people, say Pharma companies instead of nig oil.....neither of our
polarized 'parties' (i still say we have one singular party in our
capitalistic political system, but i'm just a gym teacher who fly
fishes, what do i know)....basically, the only thing that keeps me
sane is my ability to enjoy outdoor activities....hike, camp, hunt &
especially fly fish. it goes without saying the environment is one of
the big issues that sways my vote in terms of national elections;
Kerry may be a typical stuffed shirt politician, but IMHO he
absolutely cannot do any worse environmentally than the present
admin, and he gets my vote, period...(of course, he would have to more
or less dump toxic sludge in Yellowstone to do worse than the present
admin.....)
Old April 30th, 2004, 06:41 PM
daytripper

On 30 Apr 2004 07:47:50 -0700, (tim_s) wrote:

[...]

How about counting hatchey-born fish to enable delisting WILD SALMON STOCKS
from the ESA?

http://www.ems.org/rls/2004/03/26/policy_review_in.html

/daytripper (somewhere in Texas, a town is missing its moron...)
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:50 AM
Stephen Welsh

JR wrote in :

Hatchery Salmon to Count as Wildlife

*sigh*

Steve
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:20 AM
B J Conner

Ol TS would make a great EPA tsar. Just dip those salmon smolts in some
warm muddy water and they could survive any thing on the way to the ocean
and back.
"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:36:48 +0100, "riverman"
wrote:

Yep, and ketchup is a vegetable.

... and Lysenko was a true scientist.