Montana Clave?

Old February 11th, 2011, 11:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default Montana Clave?

On Feb 11, 10:49*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
jeff typed:
since the bet has been avoided...

You DO realize you're being tweaked by the master-tweaker, right? *;-)

I suppose we're still looking for volunteers with cameras *AND*
GPS units to settle the Fawn Lake rumor. You will remember that
no one has ever been photographed standing in or around the
alleged Fawn Lake while at the same time displaying their GPS
coordinates to the camera. Given that this rumor has been floating
around for several years now I find that lack of documentation
more than just a little suspicious. Don't you ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

****wit.

g.
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 11, 11:44*am, Jonathan Cook wrote:
On Feb 11, 9:49*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

no one has ever been photographed standing in or around the
alleged Fawn Lake while at the same time displaying their GPS
coordinates to the camera. Given that this rumor has been floating
around for several years now I find that lack of documentation
more than just a little suspicious. Don't you ?

1) There are GPS coordinates on the map on Jeff's link. Plus a
satellite image with trails marked. Is it or is it not the location of
(what you call) Fawn Lake?

2) Anyone who has looked at even a few satellite images would
recognize a body of water. The lake is full in the picture.

3) As far as I can tell, a little tab in the lower left seems to
indicate the picture was taken in 1994? Assuming you answer yes to
(1), are you contending that it has since dried up?

Or is this some vast conspiracy...like the faked moon landings?

Curious minds want to know.

Jon.
(Personally, my best _logical_ explanation is that you indeed did see
it after perhaps a few years of drought and it _was_ hardly there, and
that others visited it after it returned to a status like that in the
picture...but then who ever said there must be a logical explanation
for this particular roffian spat?)

Actually, there IS a superbly logical explanation.

You STILL take that piece of **** seriously.

The implications.....well, think about it.

g.
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 11, 12:28*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Jonathan Cook wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
no one has ever been photographed standing in or around the
alleged Fawn Lake while at the same time displaying their GPS
coordinates to the camera. Given that this rumor has been floating
around for several years now I find that lack of documentation
more than just a little suspicious. Don't you ?

1) There are GPS coordinates on the map on Jeff's link. Plus a
satellite image with trails marked. Is it or is it not the location of
(what you call) Fawn Lake?

2) Anyone who has looked at even a few satellite images would
recognize a body of water. The lake is full in the picture.

3) As far as I can tell, a little tab in the lower left seems to
indicate the picture was taken in 1994? Assuming you answer yes to
(1), are you contending that it has since dried up?

Or is this some vast conspiracy...like the faked moon landings?

Curious minds want to know.

That is not really a lake. It just looks like a lake from certain
angles. Like I said, I have never seen a photograph of the so-called
Fawn Lake *AND* the GPS coordinates in the same frame. You'd think
that after all the roffian expeditions undertaken to *prove* this
rumor of a lake exists that someone would have thought to display
the GPS coordinates. Sounds fishy to me.

--
Ken Fortenberry

moron.

g.
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 11, 3:49*pm, Tom Littleton wrote:

...Forty must
have to be getting a cut of the action.

He is. People here STILL treat it like an adult human being. It
can't get that anywhere else.

giles.
who thinks that reading is one of those subjects they should be
teaching in the schools.
Old February 11th, 2011, 11:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 2/11/2011 12:44 PM, Jonathan Cook wrote:
On Feb 11, 9:49 am, Ken
wrote:

[...]

the issue arises, and the explanation is, fortenberry called me a liar
about fawn lake. he wasn't "tweaking" at the time. unless he's erased
his posts, it's all there to see for anyone who knows how to do the
historical google groups check. he plainly said there was no fawn lake.

i've been there twice...different years. outfitters take people up
there. it's a deep lake with lots of fish in it...some large brook
trout. i doubt it ever dries up.

fortenberry simply did not know what he was talking about, and now he
continues his "who you gonna believe" game, along with the inconsistent
statement that it's a long hike for mediocre fishing when there is
better fishing elsewhere.

the lake is just off the well-established trail near the gardner
headwaters, and a decent number of folks find the hike and camping in
the area worthwhile. the scenery is magnificent, as is the case in all
of the park areas i've visited. there are grizzlies in the area...we
saw one on the first trip. but there are griz at slough creek too (saw
them there with cubs).

chas, charlie choc, joe mcintosh, john hightower, warren findley, and i
have been to the lake. we have photos of it. warren caught a big brook
trout there. craig matthews at the blue ribbon shop will confirm the
lake's existence if anyone wants to call him.

i guess it became a principled issue for me...and i decided to prove
fortenberry was the liar...which i did, and which he is... about fawn
lake. now, when he chooses to raise the issue, even in a sardonic or
"tweaky" way, i'm happy to remind him and others of his ignorance and
lies. ...so it goes.

folks can try to rationalize forty's statements about the
lake...lacourse tried the theory that he was talking about some other
area, but he wasn't. truth is, ken was/is simply and undeniably
wrong...and he's not made of adequate stuff to admit his mistake or to
apologize for the stupid things he said.

jeff
Old February 12th, 2011, 12:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

wrote:

[...]

Well said.

Anyone really need the short version?

giles
go on.....speak up.....don't be shy.
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Feb 9, 12:56*pm, flebow wrote:
Any interest?

I will certainly lend assistance in planning.

I think that the rivers will be blown thru the beginiing of July so
maybe end of July? - Aug is too hot

Just a thought..

Norton Buffalo aka James Cotton aka Sonny Boy Williamson #2 *aka
Brownie McGee aka Larry Adler

Well, I've just been invited to spend a week in Dillon and the
environs at the end of July... so I will be there eventually.
Frank Reid
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

BTW, do you need a special license in Montana for these?
http://www.furbearingtrout.com/

Frank Reid
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 15, 9:48*am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
BTW, do you need a special license in Montana for these?http://www.furbearingtrout.com/

Frank Reid

Don't know about licensing, but something about this has a funny smell
to it:

"These furry fish are primarily found in the northern regions of North
America, but particularly in Canada, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana."

I mean, when did Montana, Wyoming and.....COLORADO!?.....get moved to
the northern regions of North America?

giles
and why wasn't i informed?!!