Where NOT to retire...

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
john b

Default Where NOT to retire...

Surely not in the Philippines. Gosh, it's 5:30 in the morning and the dogs
are barking and the roosters are crowing and clatter and clang of pots and
pans and the children waking and getting ready for school make it impossible
for a person to sleep any longer. Superman that I am, I manage. At 7:30 or
8:00 I finally roll out and sit on the porch and have my morning coffee, and
watch the village life. ...and every single child on the way to schools
stops at my gate and says, "Hello Joe," in a great loud voice, just hoping I
will respond. And every 'see you later, alligator' or other tired witticism
is fresh here. I am the king of repartee.
The "Joe" is left over from WWII....the big one. GI Joe still reigns here.

By the time my coffee and scratching and splashing are done it is near 10:00
and time to go to the market. Maybe a little bike ride in the mountains or
some casting in the river and it is time for dinner. After dinner you are
obligated

Fishing is the pits here...I am in the middle of nets and poison and where
catch and release or waiting until breeding season is unheard of. as I learn
the salt water I shall keep you posted.

I spent many days of many times looking at Tennessee and North Carolina
looking for a place to go. But I felt I was twenty years to late price
wise - for what I wanted I could have a mini farm with a bass pond in the
affluent suburbs. And I had my share of affluent burbs.

As soon as things are settled here...with the Lanzones and Mangos and
Coconut farms - not to mention the Falcata for plywood, I'll look for a
place to settle down.

I'm thinking Peru. Or maybe Ecuador or Argentina. Hammocks by the river bank
for peacock bass, drive for 45 minutes straight up the mountain and I am
into trout.

Chickens in the yard, a pet pig to kick and no need to worry about lawn care
and keeping up with the Jone's. Just a thought Riverman.

....and riverman...I hope you are not retiring soon. I'd like to visit Hong
Kong along about August or September!

Jimmy Buffet should see me now........

john

Old February 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Feb 15, 2:38*pm, "john b" wrote:
...and riverman...I hope you are not retiring soon. *I'd like to visit Hong
Kong along about August or September!

Not too soon, asadi. Feel free to get in touch when you are ready to
pass by.

--riverman

Old February 15th, 2011, 03:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Feb 15, 12:38*am, "john b" wrote:
[...]

Town, island, province, jeepney route?
Frank Reid
Old February 15th, 2011, 04:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

john b typed:
[...]

I want to be John when I grow up. Thanks for the fine life-report,
asadi.
--
TL,
Tim

Old February 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joel *DFD*

On Feb 15, 12:38*am, "john b" wrote:
[...]

John, you think we'll ever have a Martini together again?
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 15, 12:38*am, "john b" wrote:

Jimmy Buffet should see me now........

Mmmmmm.....cheeseburgers!

giles
if you're not busy in early june.....and you're interested in a change
from the same old same old.....