flyfishing

Old July 11th, 2005, 05:24 AM
ldubia

Default flyfishing

I am going on a flyfishing vacation to Vermont next week. Does anyone have
any ideas who to have as a guide and where to go? Also, what flies do I
need for Burlington area?

Thanks
Larry

Old July 11th, 2005, 06:50 PM
George Adams

ldubia wrote:
I am going on a flyfishing vacation to Vermont next week. Does anyone have
any ideas who to have as a guide and where to go? Also, what flies do I
need for Burlington area?

Thanks
Larry

I'm not really going to be much help, as I don't know of any guides in
the Burlington area, although I'm sure there are some. If I were in
that area at this time of year, I would likely head southeast and fish
the headwaters of the White River. The recent rains have brought the
water levels up, and if it doesn't get too hot, the water temps in the
early AM should be OK. If we get another round of heavy rain from
Dennis, you may find too much water.

Old July 12th, 2005, 05:09 AM
David

ldubia wrote:
I am going on a flyfishing vacation to Vermont next week. Does anyone have
any ideas who to have as a guide and where to go? Also, what flies do I
need for Burlington area?

Thanks
Larry

Give the folks at Oris as call via their 800 number. They should be
able to provide some datra regarding guides and fishing conditions. The
Battenkill is a historic trout steam and they are sure to have
information about it, seeing their main shop is within spitting
distance of it... or well it once was.

It's not much I know but I have not been up that way for a number of
years now.

David Napierkowski

Old July 12th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Tony & Barb Vellturo

I live on the White in Stockbridge, VT. July and August are usualy
slow fishing in the area. The white, down stream from Bethel, has
some deep pools and nice fish. Also the Black, which is about 20 mile
south of woodstock, vt also holds some nice fish in the trophy trout
section. I did give your email address to a local guide and he should
be contacting you.

Tony