Trading Trips

Old April 12th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Mo Bass

Default Trading Trips

I've been looking to either start or participate in a group of
fishermen, mainly freshwater, who would be willing to trade a day of
fishing on their favorite lake or stream in exchange for traveling to
another's favorite waters. I had in mind a spreadsheet listing by
first name, email, hometown, name of favorite water, type of fishing
and species. I'd think that visitors would bring their own tackle and
pay for gas if using the home fisher's boat.
Of course, sharing cost of live bait if used would be the other
expense involved. Is there an organization with this objective? If
you know of one or would be willing to participate in one, please
advise.
Each participant would probably be limited to a max of two trips
without providing or receiving, so it wouldn't be possible to abuse
this trip trading system. Say, Angler A fishes Angler B's water, then
later Angler B could take a trip to Angler C's water and so on. Just
maintaining a spreadsheet and fielding emails of interested anglers,
and keeping track of the trips taken would be the approach to making
this project a reality. Let me know your views.
Mo Bass alias Louis Wienecke (author Guide to Far West Fishing,
Prentice-Hall)
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Bob La Londe

Your idea is very good, but I think a forum for initial contact and
discussion would be better as this allows a little friendly Q&A before
giving out too much personal information.

The North American Fishing Club already has a section on their forums for
this purpose sorted by state. Their website is www.fishingclub.com . I do
believe it is for NAFC members only however. You have to enter your member
number to logon.

I would be willing to add a section like this to my PUBLIC forums, but at
present there are only 20 registered users. I hate to add a bunch of stuff
that will never get used. It is no special effort, but I think it looks bad
to have fifty boards on a forum with the number of posts being zero.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

om...

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Scott Davis

I'd more than happy to take anyone out for a day fishing, no trade needed.
In fact, if it's the weekend, I'd probably be going anyway, so no change for
gas either. I know I have twice as much gear as I need, so no problem if
you don't have your tackle with you either. Anyone that has a free
Saturday, Sunday, or week-night, and is going to be in Northwestern
Wisconsin, send me an email and I'd be happy to see if we could hook up.

Scott...
Chetek, WI

om...

Old April 12th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Mo Bass" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I'd be willing to talk more to you about something like that. Feel free to
contact me this week. After that, I'll be heading south for a while and
won't be home.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com