Whack-a-Weed

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

Default Whack-a-Weed

Trying to keep up with weeds this time of year, where I live, can
seem like Whack-a-Mole

We're aware and proud of our large resident population of extra
sensitive species such as tree frogs and do everything we can to avoid
chemical warfare against weeds and bugs.

But I have to admit, sometimes WMDs do have certain appeal.

Be strong Larry, put that sprayer down !

Larry ( off to try and get the weed eater started after it's long
rest .... and then, possibly, light up the propane torch I got a
couple years ago to fight patch of goatheads ( with very good success,
btw ) and try it on a fence line or two ... then to mow for a
while ... and then to sneeze, a lot )
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Feb 12, 1:39*pm, Larry L wrote:
Trying to keep up with weeds this time of year, where I live, *can
seem like Whack-a-Mole

We're aware and proud of our large resident population of extra
sensitive species such as tree frogs and do everything we can to avoid
chemical warfare against weeds and bugs.

But I have to admit, sometimes WMDs do have certain appeal.

Be strong Larry, put that sprayer down !

Larry ( off to try and get the weed eater started after it's long
rest .... and then, possibly, light up the propane torch I got a
couple years ago to fight patch of goatheads ( with very good success,
btw ) and try it on a fence line or two ... then to mow for a
while ... and then to sneeze, a lot )

Weeds are green. I haven't seen that color in a LONG time.
Frank Weid
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Larry L wrote:
Trying to keep up with weeds this time of year, where I live, can
seem like Whack-a-Mole

We're aware and proud of our large resident population of extra
sensitive species such as tree frogs and do everything we can to avoid
chemical warfare against weeds and bugs.

But I have to admit, sometimes WMDs do have certain appeal.

Be strong Larry, put that sprayer down !

I live on some of the most fertile soil on earth. Literally. It
sure as hell didn't make any sense at all to build a University
on this dirt, but I digress. Around here even the most devoted
and devout will eventually end up with a spray bottle of Roundup
in the garage. It's war out there, I'm tellin' ya. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 12, 2:16*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

Weeds are green.

Perhaps the most profound (and, not so surprisingly, simulataneously
profundly disturbing) words ever written (and read) here.

I haven't seen that color in a LONG time.

Look in you socks.

Frank

giles
somwhere on the bright side.
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 12, 2:20*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

I live on some of the most fertile soil on earth....

See what I mean, Frank?

Seriously, look in your socks.

g.
who would add......BOO!.....but who would notice?
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 13, 9:31*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote in news:dc9eeb16-6414-45f7-b326-
:

On Feb 12, 2:16 pm, Frank Reid 2010 wrote:

Weeds are green.

Perhaps the most profound (and, not so surprisingly, simulataneously
profundly disturbing) words ever written (and read) here.

I haven't seen that color in a LONG time.

Look in you socks. * * * *

Frank

To giles

Look at your Teeth!

HH.

moron.

g.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 13, 10:36*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote in news:42c3df92-8d2a-4f58-ab6c-
:

On Feb 13, 9:31*pm, ScovilleUnit wrote:
Giles wrote in news:dc9eeb16-6414-45f7-b326-
:

On Feb 12, 2:16 pm, Frank Reid 2010 wrote:

Weeds are green.

Perhaps the most profound (and, not so surprisingly, simulataneously
profundly disturbing) words ever written (and read) here.

I haven't seen that color in a LONG time.

Look in you socks. * * * *

Frank

To giles

Look at your Teeth!

HH.

moron.

g.

GreenTeeth Giles....Sounds like a new nic! *LOL.

HH

moron.

g.