baetis weather

Old February 14th, 2011, 07:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

Default baetis weather

Damn, I must be getting really old.

After a week of warmer than average weather, we are all drizzly and
"baetis weather" here today with more of the same predicted for all
week

I'd expect to be all fired up ... but the nice warm house seems more
inviting than standing in a cold rain, waving a stick ...

Old sucks

Larry ( who will try to get his own lazy ass out there fishing ....
shouldn't waste the opportunity )

Old February 14th, 2011, 10:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 14, 1:12*pm, Larry L wrote:
Damn, I must be getting really old.

After a week of warmer than average weather, we are all drizzly and
"baetis weather" here today with more of the same predicted for all
week

I'd expect to be all fired up ... but the nice warm house seems more
inviting than standing in a cold rain, waving a stick ...

Old sucks

My mama always said, "Old is as old does."

Larry ( who will try to get his own lazy ass out there fishing *....
shouldn't waste the opportunity )

There ARE other things to do, you know.

I mean, you could read a book*.....or something.

g.
*theoretically speaking.....of course.
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Feb 14, 2:15*pm, Giles wrote:

I mean, you could read a book*.....or something.

True, of course.

One by-product of being my own boss for most my life seems to be a bit
greater than average awareness that each activity has preferred
circumstances and/ or weather. I just kinda got in the habit of
usually doing what conditions best suited at the moment .... since
the only schedule was one I created, to get everything that needed
done, done.

simple example .... late last summer my wife was sitting at her
computer mid-morning doing things that could be done at any time that
day. I asked what her plans were and was told she was going to go
out and work in the garden, later. When I pointed out that RIGHT NOW
was lovely and cool and later would be a bitch and very hot it took
her almost by surprise ... NOW was the time to garden, 'puter later in
the air conditioning, was obvious but .....

The majority of days are "OK" for most things, including reading
books .... very few are great for early season baetis hatches ....
and I "should" feel guilty wasting such a gift from ... well, take
your pick, I'll say Nature

It's best to do night things at night, and day things in the
light .... you may quote me G

Larry

Old February 14th, 2011, 11:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 12:12*pm, Larry L wrote:
Damn, I must be getting really old.

After a week of warmer than average weather, we are all drizzly and
"baetis weather" here today with more of the same predicted for all
week

I'd expect to be all fired up ... but the nice warm house seems more
inviting than standing in a cold rain, waving a stick ...

Old sucks

Larry ( who will try to get his own lazy ass out there fishing *....
shouldn't waste the opportunity )

No one should feel guilty about not fishing when the fishing might be
good.

If you like to feel guilty, think about all the stuff you were
supposed to be
doing when you were fishing. :-)
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 3:15*pm, Giles wrote:

There ARE other things to do, you know.

I mean, you could read a book*.....or something.

g.
*theoretically speaking.....of course.

Maybe not for the first time, I agree with you.

Old February 14th, 2011, 11:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Feb 14, 3:08*pm, " wrote:

If you like to feel guilty, think about all the stuff you were
supposed to be
doing when you were fishing. :-)

LOL that got me chuckling out loud ... too true .... thanks

Old February 15th, 2011, 12:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 14, 5:00*pm, Larry L wrote:
On Feb 14, 2:15*pm, Giles wrote:

I mean, you could read a book*.....or something.

True, of course.

That's good to know. I mean, it was just a guess.

One by-product of being my own boss for most my life seems to be a bit
greater than average awareness that each activity has preferred
circumstances and/ or weather.

Well, things are not always what they seem. I have, for example,
known people who spent decades absolutely clueless as to who their
boss might be (whether or not they qualified.....from whatever point
of view.....themselves), and who were nevertheless acutely aware that
weather had some sort of effect on one thing or another.

I just kinda got in the habit of
usually doing what conditions best suited at the moment *.... *since
the only schedule was one I created, to get everything that needed
done, done.

So.....um.....sitting at home and waxing the dolphin was pretty much
the order of the day pretty much all day every day.

Um......O.k.

simple example .... late last summer my wife was sitting at her
computer mid-morning doing things that could be done at any time that
day.

Hm.....

So, is it safe for one not intimately familiar with the domestic
arrangements under consideration to assume that these things could
have been done when they were done?

Or is that presumptuous?

I asked what her plans were and was told she was going to go
out and work in the garden, later.

Is it safe to assume that it was your wife who told you that she was
going to go out and work in the garden later?.....or has the entire
cast of characters not yet been fully introduced to the insanely
expectant audience?

When I pointed out that RIGHT NOW
was lovely and cool and later would be a bitch and very hot it took
her almost by surprise

"Almost" being one of those confoundedly difficult terms to define
precisely.

... NOW was the time to garden, 'puter later in
the air conditioning, was obvious but .....

but.....she said, "suck my dick"......right?

Well, she should have.

The majority of days are "OK" for most things, including reading
books *.... very few are great for early season baetis hatches ....
and I "should" feel guilty wasting such a gift from ... well, take
your pick, I'll say Nature

It STILL isn't obvious?

What you say doesn't matter.

We listen to adult human beings.

Everything else is toys.

It's best to do night things at night, and day things in the
light * *.... you may quote me G

And you may have your fist up your ass.

Which do you suppose is more likely?

Larry

g.

Old February 15th, 2011, 12:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Feb 14, 5:10*pm, " wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:15*pm, Giles wrote:

There ARE other things to do, you know.

I mean, you could read a book*.....or something.

g.
*theoretically speaking.....of course.

Maybe not for the first time, I agree with you.

Take heart, You'll probably get over it.

g.
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Feb 14, 4:17*pm, Giles wrote:
On Feb 14, 5:00*pm, Larry L wrote:

On Feb 14, 2:15*pm, Giles wrote:

[...]

You're right, it's never a good time to try and chat with you, thanks
for the reminder.
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

On 2/14/2011 6:12 PM, Larry L wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:08 pm, wrote:

If you like to feel guilty, think about all the stuff you were
supposed to be
doing when you were fishing. :-)

LOL that got me chuckling out loud ... too true .... thanks

i had a psychology professor...dr. clinton prewitt...who i admired for
his incredible wit, his droll delivery of the spoken word with a stogie
lodged in his lips, and his vaudevillean genius with academic life. he
was so comfortable in his own skin he made others feel good just being
around him. not many of those people in the world i inhabit, and
certainly not enough of them in any world i've a passing familiarity
with. he liked, or seemed to, anyone fortunate enough to share space
and a reasonable conversation with him. there were many. he found
something of interest in most everyone, and he had a way of making
others recognize it as well. anyway...he noticed the genius of the
small, almost ignored, character or ability of others. (excuse my brief
digression...a fukkin mosquito just buzzed my computer screen!! honest
to goddess skeeter! where would that ******* hatch this time of
year?...now back to our regular program) anyway, dr. prewitt taught me
one of the most valuable lessons any college professor ever delivered to
me...and one i too often forget. thanks for reminding me of him. it's a
pleasant memory too long shadowed by the everyday.

jeff