Fritz's Visit

Old December 6th, 2004, 02:21 PM
RGarri7470

Default Fritz's Visit

Fritz Nordengren visited me last week to get away from the snow in Des Moines
and catch some bass. We went to West Point on Tuesday and Jackson the next
three days.

Although the weather was not perfect, we had four pretty good days fishing.
Most of the fish we caught on both lakes were spotted bass with a few
largemouth mixed in. We also landed three hybrids and a catfish.

On Tuesday at West Point we started fishing in the wind at about 10:00 AM.
Almost immediately I landed two bass, a spot and a largemouth, on crankbaits
near a clay point. A little later Fritz got a spot and I landed the biggest
bass of the day, a 3.5 pound largemouth that hit a jig and pig near a tree top.

Fishing was pretty slow until almost dark, then we landed several bass just
before we had to quit. We ended that day with 11 bass, two hybrids and a
catfish. Everything but the one bass hit crankbaits.

At Jackson on Wednesday we caught four bass the first place we stopped that
morning, then did not catch anything for several hours. Fritz managed two small
bass on a Senko then we started catching some decent fish just before dark on
crankbaits. We had 12 keeper bass and one hybrid that day .

Thursday started slowly, and I never did get going. We caught three bass about
11:00 AM then caught four more at about 1:00 PM. I caught two small bass at
3:00 PM to put me and Fritz about even - he had five and I had four. Then he
landed five in a row the last hour of light to give him ten for the day to my
four.

Friday we landed 10 bass and Fritz had a 3.5 pound largemouth for the biggest
bass from Jackson. Everything we caught at Jackson hit crankbaits except for
the two he caught on Senkos. I threw a jig and pig a good bit but never got
bit on it.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com