New fishing partner

Old June 18th, 2008, 11:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default New fishing partner

Please allow me to introduce Kerrybrook Kaylin or just
plain old Kaylin. She's a yellow Lab and 10 weeks old.

It's gonna take awhile but she'll be my fishing buddy
before too long. She's got some big paws to fill, Kipper
the Hound was my fishing partner for many years.

Two observations about puppies:

It's a damn good thing they're cute.

It's a damn good thing they come into our lives 12 years apart
after we've forgotten what a pain in the ass they can be. ;-)

She's already chewed the wax seal off a $130 bottle of absinthe
I stupidly left in the bottom row of the wine rack, thank god
she doesn't know how to work a corkscrew ... yet. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whatsupdad.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	551  Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchenchewin.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	552
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred

On 18-Jun-2008, Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Please allow me to introduce Kerrybrook Kaylin or just
plain old Kaylin. She's a yellow Lab and 10 weeks old.

It's gonna take awhile but she'll be my fishing buddy
before too long. She's got some big paws to fill, Kipper
the Hound was my fishing partner for many years.

Two observations about puppies:

It's a damn good thing they're cute.

It's a damn good thing they come into our lives 12 years apart
after we've forgotten what a pain in the ass they can be. ;-)

She's already chewed the wax seal off a $130 bottle of absinthe
I stupidly left in the bottom row of the wine rack, thank god
she doesn't know how to work a corkscrew ... yet. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Attached file: whatsupdad.jpg (43,085 bytes)
Attached file: kitchenchewin.jpg (40,457 bytes)

Hello Kaylin
You are a cute abnd beautiful doggie.

Be kind to your master and tell him that if he gets way with only $130 worth
of damage through your puppyhood to consider himself lucky.

We had a foxhound that ate our fax machine.
I have lost several pairs of prescription glasses and even a whole sofa to a
pup
For their wonderful companionship - It was worth every penny.

Ken - I have had 2 dogs for awhile now - 2 are easier than one in that they
play w ea other and chew less of our stuff and the older one always trains
the younger one - something to consider and best of luck w your new pretty
puppy

Fred
Old June 19th, 2008, 12:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dry Heat[_2_]

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Please allow me to introduce Kerrybrook Kaylin or just
plain old Kaylin. She's a yellow Lab and 10 weeks old.

It's gonna take awhile but she'll be my fishing buddy
before too long. She's got some big paws to fill, Kipper
the Hound was my fishing partner for many years.

Two observations about puppies:

It's a damn good thing they're cute.

It's a damn good thing they come into our lives 12 years apart
after we've forgotten what a pain in the ass they can be. ;-)

She's already chewed the wax seal off a $130 bottle of absinthe
I stupidly left in the bottom row of the wine rack, thank god
she doesn't know how to work a corkscrew ... yet. ;-)

When our golden retriever was a pup, the wife had cooked a wonderful looking
ham for Christmas dinner and she had taken it out to the dining room and put
it on the table. She then went back to the kitchen and finished getting the
rest of the dinner ready. On her next trip to the dining room, she found
that the dog had pulled the ham off the table and nearly had it devoured.
That was the only time that dog took something off the table though or got
into something that he shouldn't have.

Old June 19th, 2008, 01:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff miller[_2_]

Ken Fortenberry wrote:

It's a damn good thing they're cute.

It's a damn good thing they come into our lives 12 years apart
after we've forgotten what a pain in the ass they can be. ;-)

beautiful girl... those kewpie doll eyes can ease a lot of pain... i'm
sure they'll see a lot of good times with you too. looking forward to
seeing her fishing photos...

jeff
Old June 19th, 2008, 02:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred

[...]

I learned my lesson when I was much younger.
I went back to visit my parents and I had my own dog - a large hound
He did not even have to stand on his hind legs to get to the roast on the
counter
He wolfed it down in 5 or 6 bites.

Since then
I have had a couple of cats in food but no more and thats it.

You cannot blame an animal for this.

Fred
Old June 19th, 2008, 03:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Tim J.

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Please allow me to introduce Kerrybrook Kaylin or just
plain old Kaylin. She's a yellow Lab and 10 weeks old.

Nice looking dog, Ken. Congrats.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 20th, 2008, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

There ain't no bugs on me,
There ain't no bugs on me,
There may be bugs on some of you mugs,
But there ain't no bugs on me.

Ken that is a beautiful puppy, hope you and her have many fun fishing trips.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Old June 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JT

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Please allow me to introduce Kerrybrook Kaylin or just
plain old Kaylin. She's a yellow Lab and 10 weeks old.

It's gonna take awhile but she'll be my fishing buddy
before too long. She's got some big paws to fill, Kipper
the Hound was my fishing partner for many years.

Great looking pup Ken, at least she has good taste in booze!

When does Kaylin get introduced to the canoe?

JT
-Who is off to take pictures in straw hats, shorts, and water sandals while
catching large rainbow...

Old June 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JT

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote in message
There ain't no bugs on me,
There ain't no bugs on me,
There may be bugs on some of you mugs,
But there ain't no bugs on me.

Ken that is a beautiful puppy, hope you and her have many fun fishing
trips.

Ray
Austin, TX

Thanks Ray...

I have the song to that commercial stuck in my head now!

JT

Old June 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:
There ain't no bugs on me,
There ain't no bugs on me,
There may be bugs on some of you mugs,
But there ain't no bugs on me.

Yeah, she gets that a lot. When we took her to the Vet for her
9 week shots one by one all the employees stopped by the exam
room while we were waiting and most of them just spontaneously
burst into that jingle.

Ken that is a beautiful puppy, hope you and her have many fun fishing trips.

Thanks Ray, and thanks to everybody in the thread. I hope to
get her out fishing real soon now.

--
Ken Fortenberry