new season

Old February 4th, 2006, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default new season

Getting closer - I've actually just got round to emptying my fly patch
from the end of last season - tied two buzzers and already it feels
like hard work...
Keith
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 12:00:47 +0000, Keith
wrote:

Getting closer - I've actually just got round to emptying my fly patch
from the end of last season - tied two buzzers and already it feels
like hard work...

Will you be bothering with Stocks for opening week-end?
From what I've heard it promises to be packed. All boats booked three
weeks ago apparently. I'll be giving it a miss I think.
I keep looking at the waters that stay open all year, but so far I've
resisted the temptation, and confined my few freshwater trips to the
rivers for the grayling.

Don't know that year round trouting appeals, but with the way the
winter sea fishing is going looks as if it will be trout or nothing
before too long.

Cheers
Ian D
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

wrote:

Getting closer - I've actually just got round to emptying my fly patch
from the end of last season - tied two buzzers and already it feels
like hard work...

Will you be bothering with Stocks for opening week-end?
From what I've heard it promises to be packed. All boats booked three
weeks ago apparently. I'll be giving it a miss I think.
I keep looking at the waters that stay open all year, but so far I've
resisted the temptation, and confined my few freshwater trips to the
rivers for the grayling.

Don't know that year round trouting appeals, but with the way the
winter sea fishing is going looks as if it will be trout or nothing
before too long.

Cheers
Ian D

Not a chance - outside of that it will totally depend on the weather.
The days of my fishing with the line freezing in the rod rings are
long gone. Being retired I generally avoid weekends in any event,
usually going on Tues and Thursdays. My brother had a look up the
other week and the water was running out over the overflow so even
with little rain recently it will probably still be full. With the
recent cold weather snap we have had I would imagine the water
temperaure will be very low at the start but whether that will affect
the fishing I don't know but I doubt it given there will be a good
head of fish in there.
Keith