Lake Erie Practice Pics

Old September 25th, 2003, 02:23 AM
go-bassn

Default Lake Erie Practice Pics

Don't have much time to chat, just posted a few pics (abpf, will get to my
OF.com details upon returning from Onieda) from my second practice day of
the Erie Open. I had great smallies about 40 miles South of the launchsite
at Buffalo, down South of Dunkirk, NY. Unfortunately the water was glassy &
an algae bloom was booming when I got there on Tourney Day 1. That's
fishin! Anyway my limit on the day of the pics was darn close to 20 pounds
for my best 5, and BOY was it fun catching those broad-shouldered Erie
smallies! Nothing under 3 pounds that day, I had high hopes for the
contest, lol.

Hope you're all catchin em, things get back to "normal" for me in about 2
weeks.

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Old September 25th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:23:04 -0400, "go-bassn" sent
into the ether:

Don't have much time to chat, just posted a few pics (abpf, will get to my
OF.com details upon returning from Onieda) from my second practice day of
the Erie Open. I had great smallies about 40 miles South of the launchsite
at Buffalo, down South of Dunkirk, NY. Unfortunately the water was glassy &
an algae bloom was booming when I got there on Tourney Day 1. That's
fishin! Anyway my limit on the day of the pics was darn close to 20 pounds
for my best 5, and BOY was it fun catching those broad-shouldered Erie
smallies! Nothing under 3 pounds that day, I had high hopes for the
contest, lol.

Hope you're all catchin em, things get back to "normal" for me in about 2
weeks.

Warren

Those are great fish Warren! Your day will be here soon. You sure
looked like you had fun catching them.
danl
Good fishing, great catching
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Remove left x for direct reply
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:33 AM
TNBass

Great shots. Thanks for posting them on ABPF.

Catching one of those giant smallmouth in a single day is a thrill.... you
must have been supercharged after that day of prefishing. Sorry the bass
didn't cooperate the following morning, but keep after them, Warren.... your
day will come! Congratulations on what most folks would agree is a strong
start.

TNBass
___________________

Old September 26th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"go-bassn" wrote in message ...
Don't have much time to chat, just posted a few pics (abpf, will get to my
OF.com details upon returning from Onieda) from my second practice day of
the Erie Open. I had great smallies about 40 miles South of the launchsite
at Buffalo, down South of Dunkirk, NY. Unfortunately the water was glassy &
an algae bloom was booming when I got there on Tourney Day 1. That's
fishin! Anyway my limit on the day of the pics was darn close to 20 pounds
for my best 5, and BOY was it fun catching those broad-shouldered Erie
smallies! Nothing under 3 pounds that day, I had high hopes for the
contest, lol.

Hope you're all catchin em, things get back to "normal" for me in about 2
weeks.

I'm proud of you my friend, you're living many people's dream. I know that you'll just keep doing
better and better. Keep at it and go gettum. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll make it.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Old September 26th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Craig

Default Lake Erie Practice Pics - Question for Warren

Yeah Baby! After holding a few of those four & five pound slabs, makes
going back to the smaller lakes kind-of-hard. . . . . don't it?

Especially since you can catch them on a regular basis on Erie, St. Clair,
Saginaw Bay, etc. You simply get spoiled, and going to an inland lake or
river where a four & five pound bass is a rarity, I found it hard to do.
But I have another question or two for ya.

Didn't you find it to be a totally different style of fishing? Do you
understand what I have said in the past that fishing these waters is almost
totally opposite (style and technique) than fishing inland lakes?

--
Craig

Old September 26th, 2003, 06:48 PM
go-bassn

Thanks everyone, the kind words are appreciated. I'm having a ball fellas,
rest-assured.

Craig - I'm now a master at tube-dragging. More like flounder fishing, but
very effective. In fact I took what I learned at Erie & found my fish on
Champlain with it. That was very satisfying indeed. Hey, I caught my first
day 19 pound bag by burning a heavy (3/4 oz I think) all chartreuse SW
spinnerbait too!

Warren

.com...

Old September 26th, 2003, 06:49 PM
go-bassn

Steve & Joe - Hey guys! Please forward all your contact #'s to me here, I
lost yet another phone lol.

Warren

Old September 26th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

One word Warren, LANYARD :}

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:49:01 -0400, "go-bassn" sent
into the ether: