Casting Disaster

Old May 4th, 2004, 01:32 AM
Wolfgang

Default Casting Disaster

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message
news:x_zlc.3873$nN6.3181@lakeread06...

Doug Kanter wrote:

It's been my turn in the barrel for a couple of weeks, ever since he
realized that some peoples' children can tie their shoes without help. I
think there's a bit of envy going on here.

oh jeez... willi made an interesting point about perspectives or
perceptions regarding carp. i have a vastly different perception of
wolfgang than do you, willi, or rw; and, i also view willi and rw in
much more pleasant and admirable ways than does wolfgang.

Actually, Willi is on my "top twenty or so.......roughly" ROFFians list.
Has been for years. Balls, brains, and he's cute.........what more could a
boy ask?

my judgment is
based on personal experience and observation.

Which, ya gotta admit is (even in your judgment, presumably) suspect. I
mean, good God man, lookit what you call friends!

there's no accounting for tastes... each to his own.

AfukkinMEN!

but, of one thing i'm reasonably sure -
there ain't a bit of envy going on here. you only flatter yourself by
such a naive statement...

Well, there IS that working in or near the grocery business
thingy........sigh!

play on...

Yes, there is always that, ainna?

Wolfgang
who is getting real itchy for a long walk.

Old May 4th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Wolfgang

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 May 2004 15:00:48 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Every question in this newsgroup can be answered with the help of a

search
engine. Does this eliminate the need for the newsgroup?

But you didn't ask a question, you assumed a scam.

Which, as every thinking person has known for millennia, is THE diagnostic
feature of a bull**** artist.......using the latter noun rather loosely.

Wolfgang
well, one of THE anyway.

Old May 4th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Wolfgang

"Willi and Sue" wrote in message
Jeff Miller wrote:

oh jeez... willi made an interesting point about perspectives or
perceptions regarding carp. i have a vastly different perception of
wolfgang than do you, willi,

Yeah, but those perceptions are based on "real life" interactions. If
you've never met the person, all you have to judge is their online
behavior.

Although I never really hung with Wolfgang very much, I found him to be
a pleasant enough guy IN PERSON. It's his online behavior that bothers
me and that's what we see here. Maybe it goes back to my background in
working with handicapped kids but I find his propensity for demeaningly
labelling people as stupid or fools offensive.

Hm......and I found Willi rather taciturn......if not to say downright
diffident......in person. Goes to show ya......ya just can't trust face to
face encounters when judging human character.

Wolfgang
well......like that's surprised any thinking person in the last twelve
thousand years or so.......hm.

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Doug Kanter

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

....I don't think anyone really understands how
difficult this has been for me.

Well, maybe.......um.......uh.......well, ****.

Wolfgang
joel?......george?......anybody?

I'm new here, but even so, I think I understand. All those uncles, and never
enough bacon grease to make it easier, resulting in an angry life forever
more. It's not uncommon. It's a family tradition in the Adirondacks. We read
about it in our local news rags all the time. Keep fishing.

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Doug Kanter

wrote:

Every question in this newsgroup can be answered with the help of a

search
engine. Does this eliminate the need for the newsgroup?

But you didn't ask a question, you assumed a scam.

I suppose you could interpret it that way.

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Wolfgang

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

....I don't think anyone really understands how
difficult this has been for me.

Well, maybe.......um.......uh.......well, ****.

Wolfgang
joel?......george?......anybody?

I'm new here, but even so, I think I understand. All those uncles, and

never
enough bacon grease to make it easier, resulting in an angry life forever
more. It's not uncommon. It's a family tradition in the Adirondacks.

Adironda......um......oh.....yes.....I see. No, no, dear boy, the
Adirondacks were up on the hill. We were Fens......down in the valley. The
Cabots spoke only to the Fens and........uh......well, you know the rest,
I'm sure.

We read about it in our local news rags all the time.

Le Monde?....Stern?......

Keep fishing.

Go fish, plebe.

Wolfgang

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Doug Kanter

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 May 2004 02:16:39 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

I suppose you could interpret it that way.

Oh boy. I've been trying to see things in a non-negative
light up to now, being you're just a little ways down the
road from me, but...

You said:

Why do I get a feeling that a spey cast is in the same chapter
of the book as a smoke shifter? :-)

How should I interpret that ?

Fun?

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Wolfgang

You said:

Why do I get a feeling that a spey cast is in the same chapter
of the book as a smoke shifter? :-)

How should I interpret that ?

Mmmmm.....pithy bon mot, ala the Algonquin round table, perhaps?

Wolfgang
who, to no one's surprise, is certain that oscar said it.

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Wolfgang

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Fun?

Just getting there........you?

Wolfgang
ooh....ooh.....tell me i'm good!

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Doug Kanter

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Fun?

Just getting there........you?

Wolfgang

I thought Greg got there ahead of me. Guess not.