Spare spools ABU

Old June 26th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Hippo

Default Spare spools ABU

Anybody know where I can get a spare spool or two for a ABU 6500 multiplier?

Cheers

Stephen

Old June 26th, 2004, 05:26 PM
ThomasFerris

Hi Stephen
I've just looked throught the Askari catalogue and they dont have spare
spools for that type of reel. Normally if you can get a spare Askari supply
it.
Have you tried the Abu website?

Regards

Tommy

Old June 26th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Hippo

Yep - I think I'll have to drop them a note to see if they have stockist or
can supply direc

Cheers

Stephen

Old June 26th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Peter Smith

There shouldn't be a problem getting the spare spools - I bought one only a
few weeks ago form Mainwaring in Swansea cost £16.99 complete with bearings
and drive gear for the level wind. The part number on the box is 821513
description is 6500 CS CT Sports Mag spool.

Mainwarings are on the Web or on 01792 202245

Tight Lines

Peter Smith PSAC

"Hippo" wrote in message
Anybody know where I can get a spare spool or two for a ABU 6500

multiplier?

Cheers

Stephen

---

Old June 27th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Alex

"Hippo" wrote in message
Anybody know where I can get a spare spool or two for a ABU 6500

multiplier?

Cheers

Stephen

Keep a look on E-bay. I have seen spools and various other parts, cages etc
for abu reels for sale.