Damn Muskie!

Old July 22nd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Vittorix

Default Damn Muskie!

Hi to all!
I'm an Italian fishing-maniac ;-) who resides in Chicago and who doesn't
enjoy little fishes (I always like aiming to medium/big fishes).

Yesterday I went fishing in an harbor in Chicago downtown, just for
trying various lures I bought at BPS and studying how they work when
suddenly I saw a beautiful and relaxed 6pound like Muskie resting 3 feet
under the surface.
I casted far the lure I had at the moment, a Martin Panther like spinner
and I achieved to make him aggressive speeding my reel and flipping with
my wrist, he chased my lure and he tried to bite the spinner twice
softly, not in a determined and hard way.
Then he saw me and he went slowly away. I tried a lot o other lures but
unusefully and I can't imagine what I wronged, if I wronged anything.

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:20 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Vittorix"

| Hi to all!
| I'm an Italian fishing-maniac ;-) who resides in Chicago and who doesn't
| enjoy little fishes (I always like aiming to medium/big fishes).
|
| Yesterday I went fishing in an harbor in Chicago downtown, just for
| trying various lures I bought at BPS and studying how they work when
| suddenly I saw a beautiful and relaxed 6pound like Muskie resting 3 feet
| under the surface.
| I casted far the lure I had at the moment, a Martin Panther like spinner
| and I achieved to make him aggressive speeding my reel and flipping with
| my wrist, he chased my lure and he tried to bite the spinner twice
| softly, not in a determined and hard way.
| Then he saw me and he went slowly away. I tried a lot o other lures but
| unusefully and I can't imagine what I wronged, if I wronged anything.
|
| --
| ciao
| Vittorix

Next time, please consuder Cross-Posting rather than Multi-posting.
I already read your post.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Vittorix

David H. Lipman wrote:

Next time, please consuder Cross-Posting rather than Multi-posting.

boh, usually in the Italian Usenet crossposting is considerate a bad
thing..
we call that rules netiquette.

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old July 26th, 2005, 03:21 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Vittorix"

| David H. Lipman wrote:

Next time, please consuder Cross-Posting rather than Multi-posting.

| boh, usually in the Italian Usenet crossposting is considerate a bad
| thing..
| we call that rules netiquette.
|
| --
| ciao
| Vittorix

Not true at all !

If the post is Cross-Posted to relevant News Groups and is On Topic than this is preferred
becuase it saves badnwidth being just one post rather than multiple posts and replies are
in all News Groups (albeit you can set a followup to one News Group).

It is excessive Cross-Posting and/or Off Topic Cross-Posting that is bad. There is no real
Italian UseNet as UseNet is one system that is International. It is only News Groups that
are specific to the Italian language that *may* be considered "Italian Usenet".

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Vittorix

David H. Lipman wrote:

Not true at all !
If the post is
It is excessive
There is no real Italian UseNet as UseNet is one system that is
International. It is only News Groups that are specific to the
Italian language that *may* be considered "Italian Usenet".

ok Don Quijote, you're right :-)
relax

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old July 26th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Dr Epstein

"Vittorix" wrote in message
[...]

You may not have done anything wrong. Muskies, Pike, Pickerel members of
that family
sometimes will follow a lure, sometimes hit it not seriously as if they are
doing it more out of habit
and instinct rather than hunger. This is especially true at mid-day. I
suppose some experts might suggest if anyrthing that you might have made
more noise and splash to aggravate the fish under those circumstances.
Maybe.
BTW I think a 6 lb muskie is small for those fish and certainly undersized,
although you probably would
have had fun catching it.

Old July 26th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Vittorix

Dr Epstein wrote:

You may not have done anything wrong. Muskies, Pike, Pickerel members
of that family
sometimes will follow a lure, sometimes hit it not seriously as if
they are doing it more out of habit
and instinct rather than hunger. This is especially true at mid-day. I

I think you're right. he was so calm and relaxed that he didn't seem
hungry at all.

suppose some experts might suggest if anyrthing that you might have
made more noise and splash to aggravate the fish under those
circumstances.

I don't know this.
noise and splash hitting the surface?
or the splash with the bait?

BTW I think a 6 lb muskie is small for those fish and certainly
undersized, although you probably would
have had fun catching it.

surely I'd love to catch my first muskie also if it's underweight, so I
can after concentrate searching bigger ones :-)

--
ciao
Vittorix