Fishing spots in the North GA Mountains of Blue Ridge, GA

Old April 12th, 2008, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
luxurycabinblueridge

Default Fishing spots in the North GA Mountains of Blue Ridge, GA

The Trout Pond
no license required
706-374-2389
Morganton, GA 30560
http://www.thetroutpond.com
We rent the rods & sell the bait - You are also welcome to bring your
own.
487 Wildlife Trail
North GA Mountain Rianbow
Fun family fishing for all ages.

Blue Ridge fly -fishing & Canoe Guides
meet at hwy 515 in the center of blue ridge
706-838-5515
Guided fishing or Canoe/Kayak trips on the Toccoa River
full or 1/2 day

Toccoa River Adventures TRA
340 Toccoa Ave
McCaysville, 30555
http://www.toccoa-river-adventures.com
rental includes paddles - life jacket
transportation to and from headquarters
canoe, funyak, raft, tube
shuttle service
706-492-5280 or 706-455-4502
guided trout fishing trips

*Eagle Ranch, Copperhill, 800-288-3245 http://www.eagleadventures.com/eagle/getwet.htm
*Ocoee Adventure Center, Copperhill TN, 888-732-8622 www.ocoeeadventurecenter.com
*Team Flight, Blue Ridge, GA, 706-632-4449
*Unicoi Outfitters, Blue Ridge, GA, 706-632-1880 www.unicoioutfitters.com
*Trout Fishing http://www.blueridgemountains.com/trout_fishing.html

LODGING:
http://www.luxurycabinblueridge.com
Bears Den Luxury Cabin Retreat

Make your vacation complete by staying in a beautiful Mountain Cabin!

Lodge Interior, Log Furniture & Décor Throughout!
*HUGE Game Room features a pool table, poker table, cedar top wet bar,
log checker board table/benches, satellite TV, DVD, gas log fireplace
and amazing views!
*Year Round Mountain Views from all 3 levels of living!
*Wireless Internet - just bring your laptop
*Romantic Setting with an Outside Wood Burning Fireplace & Hot Tub
ENCLOSED on screen porch
*Car Friendly - Easy Access via Paved Roads to Driveway!
Old April 12th, 2008, 05:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

......have I seen this before?................

john

Old April 21st, 2008, 09:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Hardy1[_4_]

Gentlemen

If you are in that neck of the woods. Go to Deep Creek, just outside
of Bryson City, NC. This is one of the best kept secrets of fly fishing
in the state of NC, it is West of Asheville, through Cherokke and so
forth.
My first time I got a trout on a fly!

Nice day gentlemen

--
Hardy1
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Hardy1 wrote:
Gentlemen

If you are in that neck of the woods. Go to Deep Creek, just outside
of Bryson City, NC. This is one of the best kept secrets of fly fishing
in the state of NC, it is West of Asheville, through Cherokke and so
forth.
My first time I got a trout on a fly!

Nice day gentlemen

It's considered bad form (by some) to be so explicit about fishing spots
on ROFF. Don't be surprised if some Deep Creek North Cakalakians give
you a hard time. :-)

Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:26:46 -0700, rw
wrote:

Hardy1 wrote:
Gentlemen

If you are in that neck of the woods. Go to Deep Creek, just outside
of Bryson City, NC. This is one of the best kept secrets of fly fishing
in the state of NC, it is West of Asheville, through Cherokke and so
forth.
My first time I got a trout on a fly!

Nice day gentlemen

It's considered bad form (by some) to be so explicit about fishing spots
on ROFF. Don't be surprised if some Deep Creek North Cakalakians give
you a hard time. :-)

Or put a shock collar up your ass...AND bite yer ear...

Eh, probably won't help,
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Hardy1[_5_]

rd
I understand, I will not let anyone know about my little secret as
well!

Nice day gentlemen

--
Hardy1
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Hardy1[_7_]

Wayne,

I agree. A great deal of fishing in the smokies. Most people tube deep
creek, not many know about its hidden treasures.
Gorgeous area, that part of the country. Spent half my life there, on
and off.
Gentlemen

Nice day
Jimmy

--
Hardy1
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Knight

On Apr 21, 8:26*pm, rw wrote:

It's considered bad form (by some) to be so explicit about fishing spots
on ROFF. Don't be surprised if some Deep Creek North Cakalakians give
you a hard time. :-)

It's not like Deep Creek is some big secret. While maybe not as
nationally known as the Au Sable, Madison, and Henry's Fork, you can
still park your car next to it and walk up a well maintained forest
service road. It's not a secret in the park. And it does offer some
good fishing. However if Mr. hardy sends everyone to Deep Creek, then
that gives me the rest of the Smoky's come May 13th

Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

Wayne Knight wrote:

On Apr 21, 8:26 pm, rw wrote:

It's considered bad form (by some) to be so explicit about fishing spots
on ROFF. Don't be surprised if some Deep Creek North Cakalakians give
you a hard time. :-)

It's not like Deep Creek is some big secret. While maybe not as
nationally known as the Au Sable, Madison, and Henry's Fork, you can
still park your car next to it and walk up a well maintained forest
service road. It's not a secret in the park. And it does offer some
good fishing. However if Mr. hardy sends everyone to Deep Creek, then
that gives me the rest of the Smoky's come May 13th

As it turns out, you won't have any competition from me. :-( Long
story short: Due to health reasons I am having to cancel my trip.

Longer story: I'm just coming back from what was likely a case of
pneumonia, but was misdiagnosed as nothing more than COPD from all my
years of smoking. It took me two weeks to even get the doc to give me
antibiotics, and two tries before he got the right kind/dosage.

After seeing me flat on my back, unable to do simple chores without
gasping for breath, SWMBO isn't about to let me go traipsing around in
the mountains until she's sure that I'm 100% recovered. (I'm probably
90% there, but still a bit weak.)

The good news is that she knows how much I was looking forward to
the trip, so she planned a trip for us later this year. Not to the
Smokies, but to Italy (?!). We'll be heading to Tuscany and Umbria, and
they have trout there too. :-)

So, does anyone know what flies I should be tying for the Nera River
in September? :-)

Chuck Vance
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Joe McIntosh[_3_]

The good news is that she knows how much I was looking forward to the
trip, so she planned a trip for us later this year. Not to the Smokies,
but to Italy (?!). We'll be heading to Tuscany and Umbria, and they have
trout there too. :-)

So, does anyone know what flies I should be tying for the Nera River in
September? :-)

Chuck Vance

Joe the Elder suggest--a small piece of medium hot sausage should get you a
carp!!!!