polarizing glasses

Old February 28th, 2006, 11:05 PM posted to alt.flyfishing

Default polarizing glasses

Can anyone recommend a good make of clip-on polarizing
sunglasses?
I have a cheap pair but was wondering if there were any
really good makes out there.

John Fox

Old March 1st, 2006, 06:56 PM posted to alt.flyfishing

"John E. Fox" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend a good make of clip-on polarizing sunglasses?
I have a cheap pair but was wondering if there were any really good makes
out there.

John Fox

I personally don't use the clip-ons, however have the Action optics
polarized sun glasses (Clearwater copper) and have had very good luck with
them.

http://www.actionoptics.com/accessor...cessories.html

Good luck,
JT

Old August 11th, 2006, 09:06 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Larry J. Elton

Sorry but I just couldn't let this go without saying something. First of
all I will disclose that I am the owner of Elton Optics and I sell polarized
prescription sunglasses, mostly for fishing. My company has 40 years
experience with polarized lenses, so I think I can speak with some authority
on this.

Clip-ons are simply a pain to use. The optics are usually poor and the lens
material is not of optical quality. However, the polarizer is generally
effective and they do work.

Today good quality polarized sunglasses are available in your prescription
at reasonable prices so there is really no reason to go with clip-ons.
Prescription polarized sunglasses are so far superior to clip-ons that there
no comparison. Get them from us or from someone else, but try the real
thing...you'll never go back.
Larry J. Elton
Elton Optics
www.eltonoptics.com

Old August 11th, 2006, 09:35 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

"John E. Fox" wrote in message

Can anyone recommend a good make of clip-on polarizing sunglasses?
I have a cheap pair but was wondering if there were any really good makes
out there.

John Fox

Thanks Larry!

It's very rare that someone here actually *knows* what they're talking
about! LOL.

Hey - can you tell me the virtues of amber/red/smoke lenses?

What about fishing and "blue blockers"

Thanks very much!

Sincerely,

Halfordian Golfer
Guilt replaced the creel

Old October 11th, 2006, 04:54 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
Salmo

Blue blockers are useless for picking blueberries :O)....seriously!!!

Keith P.

Old November 13th, 2006, 09:37 PM posted to alt.flyfishing
[email protected]

Salmo wrote:
Blue blockers are useless for picking blueberries :O)....seriously!!!

Keith P.

LOL! But the raspberries show right up!

Tim

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
ralsonngrace ralsonngrace is offline
Junior Member

Today acceptable above polarized sunglasses are accessible in your decree at reasonable prices so there is absolutely no acumen to go with clip-ons. Decree polarized sunglasses are so far above to clip-ons that there no comparison.