So, did everyone believe the story...

Old November 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

Default So, did everyone believe the story...

"rw56" wrote in message

On Nov 16, 6:46 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
that ROFF is dead or just no one going fishing.
I'm hearing crickets here.
Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.
Frank

Don't worry about it, Frank. There are several reasons ROFF is nearly
dead. One is the existence of much betters forums like The Drake.
Another is the endless "moronic" ****ing matches.

I'm leaving for the Seychelles tomorrow.

I see there are still a few ol timers checking in... I generally check every
few days.

Have a great trip, I look forward to the TR...

How are things in Stanley, much snow yet? We got 4 inches last night...

JT

Old November 17th, 2011, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Nov 17, 10:55*am, "JT" wrote:
"rw56" *wrote in message

On Nov 16, 6:46 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

that ROFF is dead or just no one going fishing.
I'm hearing crickets here.
Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.
Frank
Don't worry about it, Frank. There are several reasons ROFF is nearly
dead. One is the existence of much betters forums like The Drake.
Another is the endless "moronic" ****ing matches.
I'm leaving for the Seychelles tomorrow.

I see there are still a few ol timers checking in... I generally check every
few days.

Have a great trip, I look forward to the TR...

How are things in Stanley, much snow yet? We got 4 inches last night...

JT

I'm in California at the moment. The weather forecast shows lots of
snow this week in central Idaho.
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw56

On Nov 16, 3:41*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:
rw56 typed:

On Nov 16, 6:46 am, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
that ROFF is dead or just no one going fishing.
I'm hearing crickets here.
Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.
Frank

Don't worry about it, Frank. There are several reasons ROFF is nearly
dead. One is the existence of much betters forums like The Drake.
Another is the endless "moronic" ****ing matches.

Yeah, you're right. That never happened in the past.

You're being sarcastic, of course.

But it HAS happened in the past. As long as I've followed ROFF, people
have
left in disgust over the rudeness and the ****ing matches. Now that
far better
forums are available (where you can, for example, post photos and
videos),
the trend has reached its sad conclusion.

Old November 17th, 2011, 10:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:
Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.

Yes. It's all about you. *
--
TL,
Tim

Dang! What's a boy gotta do to get noticed around here?

giles
who, if he had a shiny new nickel for every time one of the great
beatific stellar contributors here left forever in a petulent snit,
would probably get about as bored with nickels as with histrionic
departures.....not to mention serial extinction.
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Nov 17, 4:45*pm, Giles wrote:
On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.

Yes. It's all about you. *
--
TL,
Tim

Dang! * What's a boy gotta do to get noticed around here? * * *

giles
who, if he had a shiny new nickel for every time one of the great
beatific stellar contributors here left forever in a petulent snit,
would probably get about as bored with nickels as with histrionic
departures.....not to mention serial extinction.

Wolfy, it can be all about you tomorrow. Today its me. Except for
7:57-7:59 a.m. Katmandu time where its all about Chuck Vance.
Frank Reid
(why the hell is Katmandu so outta sync with the rest of the world
when it comes to time?)
Old November 18th, 2011, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

On Nov 17, 7:27*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
On Nov 17, 4:45*pm, Giles wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

Actually, wondering if I had a role to play in the silence by opening
the Facebook ROFF page.

Yes. It's all about you. *
--
TL,
Tim

Dang! * What's a boy gotta do to get noticed around here? * * *

giles
who, if he had a shiny new nickel for every time one of the great
beatific stellar contributors here left forever in a petulent snit,
would probably get about as bored with nickels as with histrionic
departures.....not to mention serial extinction.

Wolfy, it can be all about you tomorrow. *Today its me. *Except for
7:57-7:59 a.m. Katmandu time where its all about Chuck Vance.
Frank Reid
(why the hell is Katmandu so outta sync with the rest of the world
when it comes to time?)

Frank,

I resent that. I should be on Mexico time, not Katmandu. Besides,
what does Wolfgang know, he's on Curdistan time. (Or is that
Cheeselandia time?)

Chuck Vance (gawd this place has gone to hell in a handbasket)
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Nov 17, 8:27*pm, Conan The Librarian wrote:
On Nov 17, 7:27*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

On Nov 17, 4:45*pm, Giles wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

[...]

Just because you're retiring to Mexico, doesn't mean you're not going
to travel and only a couple of folks here have been there with no trip
reports.
Frank Reid
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Nov 17, 8:27*pm, Conan The Librarian wrote:
On Nov 17, 7:27*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

On Nov 17, 4:45*pm, Giles wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

[...]

Actually, we have all the time in the world here. Oddly, though, we
have none to spare. On the other hand, we feel that it is on our
side.....so we take it when and where we find it because we have heard
that it waits for no man. This keeps us very busy, of course, so on
occasion we take some off. Then again, we will also take one out now
and then.

And, oh look, here's one to go!

giles
take care down there, have fun.....and watch out for authenticity!

Old November 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

On Nov 17, 10:41*pm, Giles wrote:
On Nov 17, 8:27*pm, Conan The Librarian wrote:

On Nov 17, 7:27*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

On Nov 17, 4:45*pm, Giles wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

[...]

Thanks, Wolfgang. As for authenticity -- we'll be getting just
about as much of that as we can stand. Our place is in a little town
in the central highlands that looks like time passed it by. (There's
that pesky time thing again, and we'll have all of that we need.)

And not a strip mall in sight. :-)

Chuck Vance

Old November 18th, 2011, 02:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

On Nov 17, 9:02*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:
On Nov 17, 8:27*pm, Conan The Librarian wrote:

On Nov 17, 7:27*pm, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

On Nov 17, 4:45*pm, Giles wrote:

On Nov 16, 4:40*pm, "Tim J."
wrote:

Frank Reid © 2010 typed:

[...]

Actually, we'll probably travel quite a bit. We're almost in the
center of the country, and less than a day's drive from the coast.
The only question is how much fly-fishing I'll get in. I expect I'll
be pretty much a fulltime woodworker down there. I've even got a huge
stand-alone shop on the property.

Chuck Vance