reels

Old December 7th, 2003, 02:27 AM
Gone Angling

Default reels

Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Old December 7th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Bob La Londe

"Gone Angling" wrote in message
Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Find what you want, make a bid.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Old December 7th, 2003, 02:40 AM
Dan Krueger

Sure. You can't return them to Wal*Mart.

Old December 7th, 2003, 03:26 AM
SHRED©

Gone Angling wrote:
Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Check seller's "Feedback" section.

Old December 7th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Henry Hefner

Ebay purchacing can be a risky thing. I am not saying not to try it,
just be careful. I would hesitate to buy from anyone with bad feedback
or a new user with little feedback. Between my family and me, we have
probably made 3 or 4 dozen purchases off ebay and only been stiffed
once, but I would hate to get stiffed on a high dollar item. Remember to
see how much they want for shipping and handling before you bid, I've
seen $25 shipping charges on a $10 item the size of a notebook.
Personally, If I can't save a LOT of money on the deal, I won't take the
risk on a stranger miles away.

Old December 7th, 2003, 04:56 AM
J Buck

Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Be careful. A friend of mine got pooched on a 1000 dollar piece of video
gear. Seller had good feedback references, too.
Because the crook was in Canada and my pal was here in Maine, he had to
go thru mucho red tape to get it investigated, all for naught. 10
C-notes gone with the wind.

Old December 7th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Emilou

Don't buy on Ebay!
Go to a local shop,Canadian Tire ,or Wal Mart & look at their offerings!

Old December 7th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Marty

Gone Angling wrote in message
Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

I just made my first purchase on eBay, a used spinning reel. It has a
problem which is not consistent with its description of being in excellent
condition. I'm not sure what to do if anything. The guy who sold it is a
dealer with an excellent rating. I'm almost positive he did not use the reel
and did not know about the problem. I'll probably keep it, as it does work,
it's just a little annoying.

Old December 7th, 2003, 01:49 PM
SHRED©

Default nothin but good luck ---so far

offerings! "Gone Angling" wrote in message
Could someone give some advice about buying reels on ebay?

Here are some of the deals I've got recently:

Old December 7th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Crownliner

for the best deals on ebay, keep an eye on the seller cchrmn and his
auctions. he is a friend of mine who is honest as the day is long and has
lots of good stuff. he buys closeout and display reels and will not sell
you junk.

i also sell under the name bassngear, but am lazy and afflicted with the
disease of rather going fishing than working so i have stuff on very rarely.

sorry if this is appears as a commercial and deemed offensive by anyone. i
just know clete is an honest seller and wont cheat anyone.

crownliner