LNG platforms in the Gulf

Old January 25th, 2006, 10:58 PM posted to alt.fishing

Default LNG platforms in the Gulf

I am the owner and editor of an online fishing newspaper and am
concerned about the LNG platforms that are scheduled to be built in the
Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Louisiana and their process of dumping
tens of millioms of gallons of dead clorineated sea water back into the
Gulf each day. If any one has good substatial info I would appreciate
knowing the source so we could investigate it for possible use.
Thanks

Old January 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM posted to alt.fishing

fndnandy:

LNG is an interesting topic, worthy of publication. Please give us a
link to your online newspaper so we can enjoy your work. Many folks
here along the western Gulf have good data and strong points of view,
but are careful where and with whom they publish and share data.

Denny Hugg

Old January 26th, 2006, 04:54 PM posted to alt.fishing

"dennyhugg" wrote in message
oups.com...
fndnandy:

LNG is an interesting topic, worthy of publication. Please give us a
link to your online newspaper so we can enjoy your work. Many folks
here along the western Gulf have good data and strong points of view,
but are careful where and with whom they publish and share data.

Denny Hugg

I fish in the Gulf but have never heard of LNG. So if someone would,
enlighten me please.

Old January 26th, 2006, 10:55 PM posted to alt.fishing

The paper is the www.FishNet Daily News.com

Old January 26th, 2006, 11:18 PM posted to alt.fishing

LNG stands for liquified natural gas that many of us use in or furnaces
and kitchen stoves.The US is the largest consumer of LNG in the world
and hence we are the market for the countries with the tremendous
reserves such as Russia and the countries that surround the North Sea.
Russia has incredible LNG reserves. LNG is super chilled to -260
degrees turned from a vapor to liquid and transported in super tankers
that haul LNG in hugh pressurized spheres.These super tankers will
bring the pressurized liquid to a platform off shore of the US and pump
chlorinated sea water through a rack or radiator type system to warm
the liquid gas so it will turn back into a vapor and then the
chlorinated sea water is dumped back into the Gulf Stream. The chlorine
sterilizes the sea water by killing everything in it including fish
eggs, zooplankton and all the other living creatures that are sucked up
in the process. The amount of contamination dumped back into the Gulf
Stream every day, is 200 times greater than the Exxon Valdez oil spill
off the coast of Alaska. You can read more at www.FishNet Daily News.com

Old January 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM posted to alt.fishing

sorry for the typo.....the paper is www.fishnetdailynews.com

Old January 27th, 2006, 01:02 PM posted to alt.fishing

Sorry for the typo... The paper is the www.fishnetdailynews.com

Old March 24th, 2006, 06:48 AM posted to alt.fishing

"fndnandy" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

As a keeper of aquaria for quite a while I always understood tat Chlorine
would evaporate from water within something like 10-20 hours. so it would
seem to me the chlorine wouldn't be the issue.
The nitrates and resulting dead plankton getting dumped back into the water
column... and other by products of the process might be different.

I would be interested in seeing a detailed list of the exact by-products of
the process and an estimated Gallons Per Minute tha is pumped through.

Old March 24th, 2006, 04:04 PM posted to alt.fishing

I choose to stay neutral on this matter since I work for one of the
companies involved in the LNG Gulf of Mexico projects. However, I have
enclosed some links that are both pro and con to the project. I do find the
economic report by Tulane University very interesting.

http://www.lngfacts.org/newsroom/Eval-OLV.pdf

http://www.ferc.gov/industries/lng/i...t-prop-lng.pdf

http://www.rodnreel.com/lng/index.asp

http://www.shell-usgp.com/pr/pr_10292003.asp