Tampa Google Earth LandLocked Angler Project

Old April 10th, 2006, 06:13 AM
outdoorshosting outdoorshosting is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb Tampa Google Earth LandLocked Angler Project

To All:

I am beginning a project to benefit all of the landlocked anglers in the Tampa Bay Area.

If any of the forum members have not used google earth it is a program that lets you zoom into photos taken from satellites. It lets you add points for your favorite spots or landmarks. I am pretty sure I am one of the first to attempt to add fishing spots.

I have taken Google Earth (go to google and search for Google Earth to download the free version) and added all of the bait shops and piers I can think of. But now, to make it a complete guide I need your help. Please click on the link below and download the file. Open it in Google earth (click file - open) and zoom into Tampa. It will populate the Tampa Bay area with all of the bait shops and piers.

www.outdoorshosting.com/LandlockAngler-TB-FL.kmz

To add a spot center the map over your spot and hit Control-N or right click the folder called "Landlocked Angler .. " in the red menu on the left, move the mouse over new, then placemark.

After you have added all of your changes right click the folder "Landlocked ..." in the red menu and click on "Save as", give the file a name and then email it to me ). In a couple of weeks I will upload a new version (version 2).

I think using Google Earth (a free program) we as a community can create a reference that will be very useful to people fishing the shorelines.

Thank you,
Shane @ OutdoorsHosting
OutdoorsHosting.com - Sportsmen Supporting Sportsmen