Wish Me Luck

Old June 19th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Thundercat

Default Wish Me Luck

I fish my first club tournament tomorrow and will need all the
positive thought energy I can get. This is the 4th tournament for the
club and I am sitting roughly 20lbs behind the leader. It would be
really nice if I could make up some ground and pick up a bit of change
in the process. I'll let you guys know how well (or poorly) I do
tomorrow afternoon when I return home.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Old June 19th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

You don't need no stinking luck. Let us know how well you do.

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:32:58 GMT, Thundercat
sent into the ether:

I fish my first club tournament tomorrow and will need all the
positive thought energy I can get. This is the 4th tournament for the
club and I am sitting roughly 20lbs behind the leader. It would be
really nice if I could make up some ground and pick up a bit of change
in the process. I'll let you guys know how well (or poorly) I do
tomorrow afternoon when I return home.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old June 19th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Bob Rickard

We are with you, good buddy!
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old June 19th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Brad Coovert

Good luck Harry!

Is this your first club tourney ever or hust the first for you this year?

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Old June 19th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Lure builder

Wish me luck at the opening of bass season next weekend.
Old June 19th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Thundercat

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:32:58 GMT, Thundercat
wrote:
snip
I'll let you guys know how well (or poorly) I do
tomorrow afternoon when I return home.

I only put two keepers in the boat. The third that I lost net-side
would have gotten me a check (albeit third place). I fished on the
back of the winning angler's boat. We found a consistent bite that did
not produce consistently for anyone else at all in the club. All of
the fish we landed, up until approximately one hour before weigh-in,
we caught on 3/8 oz. chartreuse and white spinnerbaits with a single
small willow leaf blade (silver and gold produced the same). We fished
fast, catching the majority of fish over the tops of submerged weeds
in 7 to 12 feet of water while sitting in 15 to 20 feet. In the areas
that produced best, there was typically 12 to 24 inches of open water
above the weeds. The key was burning the bait just ticking the tops of
the weeds, occasionally letting it settle into pockets, and ripping it
free whenever a weed would grab it. We also keyed on vegetation
transition areas, where one type would meet another. This was usually
milfoil transitioning to tobacco leaf something or other (a little
help with this ID Rich Z.?) up shallow. The last fish of the day came
on a black Senko while sitting in a community hole just shooting the
spit with a couple other boats in the club.

The conditions for most of the day were overcast skies and breezy. The
water temperature was a steady 78 degrees with a good 6 to 8 feet of
visibility in most areas. The two fish I weighed in totaled 4 pounds
even, and the fish I lost was an easy three, close to four. 8 pounds
14 ounces won (9 pounds 14 ounces minus dead fish penalty), lunker was
5 pounds even.

The trees, submerged timber and riprap scored 2 Secret Weapons, 2
speed worms, 1 Pop-R and FIVE 1/8 ounce Bakudan drop shot sinkers.