And speaking of the, um, "arts"...

Old August 26th, 2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default And speaking of the, um, "arts"...

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:20:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

the relatively small
number of the rich, the relatively small number of upper-middle income
professionals, and the mass of the rest, hanging on with little or no
margin between them and economic disaster.

What a bunch of redistribute-the-wealth-caca. Yes, there are the
rich, and there are the upper middle class, and the middle class, and
yes, the poor. I have worked in a food pantry in an economically
depressed city (Lowell, MA) for five years and I have not seen any
increase in clients in that time. In fact, it is the same people,
week after week after week. New ones come in, but they soon disappear
because they have found jobs. Unemployment rates are about the same
now as they were during the Clinton years, as is the inflation and
interest rates.

I give enough of my time, talents and treasures to this country.
Obama wants more? Well, if he gets a tax increase, I hope the hell
you are around so I can say "I told you so" when the bottom falls out.

Redistrubute the wealth, my ass. Go and live in China, Russia, or
Cuba if you want that ****. See how fast you like the present system.

Fool.

Old August 26th, 2008, 01:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:20:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Aug 25, 6:57*pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
....... As I've
stated, consistently, one of the things that frightens me, looking at the
longer view, is an America pulling apart rich from poor, with no gradation.
Such situations, historically, lead to either repression or revolution, and
I wish neither on my descendants. .....

Bush's tenure has, from early on, reminded me of the traditional
South American Caudillo "presidency" with lots of bluster, a weakened
currency, a weakened economy, military spending grossly
disporportionate to the wealth of the nation, a refusal (inability?)
to stand up to powerful economic factions, and a population
increasingly divided into three economic strata: the relatively small
number of the rich, the relatively small number of upper-middle income
professionals, and the mass of the rest, hanging on with little or no
margin between them and economic disaster.

Not really. While the site below might not be, um, of your tastes, the
issues and the numbers/data presented in this article are worth at least
considering:

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Taxes/bg1791.cfm

Granted, the US might be ranked below your traditional poverty-stricken
hellholes of the world...like Bermuda, the Caymans, Liechtenstein,
Luxembourg and Switzerland...but even so, the World Bank ranks the US
pretty high:

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/D...rces/GNIPC.pdf

And as an aside:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-in-Kenya.html

Of course, his situation isn't Obama's fault, but I'd say that if Obama
can't (or won't) help his family first, it's pretty tough to feel secure
in his ability (or willingness) to help strangers...like the, um, "the
mass of the rest, hanging on with little or no margin between them and
economic disaster" in the good ol' US of A. And no, I don't see anyone
of the GOP honchos rushing to his brother's aid, either.

TC,
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 25, 8:14*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:

.... What a bunch of redistribute-the-wealth-caca. .....

It *is* happening, like it or not: it's a measured phenomenon, tho
like
global warning some factions can pretend that it's not.*
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:08:09 -0700, rw

On Aug 25, 8:14 pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:

.... What a bunch of redistribute-the-wealth-caca. .....

It *is* happening, like it or not: it's a measured phenomenon, tho
like
global warning some factions can pretend that it's not.

During the Bush administration median income has actually declined. This
has never before happened since the government started keeping records.

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class,
that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

- Warren Buffet

Ah, your new hero...

IAC, if his tax/wealth redistribution ideas are so friggin' wonderful,
why

A) did he stoop so low as to make so much money personally - why didn't
he "share the wealth" as it were to the lowest-level employees of all
the myriad businesses under BH, and,
B) since he has made so much scratch, but now bleats on about how wrong
it is or some such nonsense, why not just give the vast bulk of it to
the IRS, and encourage friends like Gates to do the same, if he thinks
tax dollars is money well-spent?

And why haven't you given done likewise?

Uh-huh...yeah, right.

HTH,
Old August 27th, 2008, 03:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 25, 10:05*am, wrote:

Oh yeah? Well McCain eats poopy poop, is a communixt child molester,
whips his housekeeper, employs stunt donkeys to work on the sabbath,
calls his wife a c**t, haunts truck stop restrooms and European train
stations, and picks his own nose.

Richard, your crowd of incompetents drove this country right into the
ditch. In light of all the stealing, espionnage, major ****-ups,
waste, corruption, jerk water incompetence etc etc, where in the hell
do you get off even admitting to a political opinion these days, much
less trying to influence others? Seriously, you have zip credibility
in this area and (CLUE) this nonsense detracts from the creditability
you do have in some other areas.

Dave
Death to Traitors
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Aug 27, 1:56*pm, "Fred" wrote:

Death to traitors!
Venceremos!

Badges? BADGES!?? We don' need no steenkin' badges!!

--riverman
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 27, 7:56*am, "Fred" wrote:
On 26-Aug-2008, wrote:
Oh yeah? Well McCain eats poopy poop, is a communixt child molester,
whips his housekeeper, employs stunt donkeys to work on the sabbath,
calls his wife a c**t, haunts truck stop restrooms and European train
stations, and picks his own nose.

Richard, your crowd of incompetents drove this country right into the
ditch. In light of all the stealing, espionnage, major ****-ups,
waste, corruption, jerk water incompetence etc etc, where in the hell
do you get off even admitting to a political opinion these days, much
less trying to influence others? Seriously, you have zip credibility
in this area and (CLUE) this nonsense detracts from the creditability
you do have in some other areas.

Dave
Death to Traitors

Death to traitors!
Venceremos!

Fred

Oh well, up the antis!
Rhinoceros!
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 27, 7:56*am, "Fred" wrote:

Venceremos!

Fred