And speaking of the, um, "arts"...

Old August 29th, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default And speaking of the, um, "arts"...

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:22:22 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

To my poll-loving pal in the Deep South:

here's a few to mull over:
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/

whilst digesting those, consider this......my take, and it's limited to what
I am seeing on the ground in PA, is that polls are consistently
under-estimating Obama voters by close to 6%, on average. Due to a strong
group of younger voters, with no land line or listed phones, I don't know if
any of these pollsters have the survey demographics set up right. Now,
RDean, as you know, I have always been leery of polls for much beyond
trending data, so I am hopeful, but hardly cocky over the whole
matter.
Tom

The Gallup is at Obama up 6, Rass is Obama by 1, with leaners, even. I'm
still mildly surprised that Obama hasn't gotten a bigger bounce. I
think McCain's bounce, if any, will add the necessary info to indicate a
trend. If McCain's bounce is equal to Obama's, I'd say it's still just
about a dead heat, but if McCain's convention bounce is bigger, it would
indicate for McCain, and if markedly less, I'd say the trend is for
Obama. If McCain's numbers are looking up (or Obama's down) 10 days
after RNC, I'd say it's McCain, barring anything strange. As to the
general polls, I'd agree - they are strictly trend indicators (at best).
But when the supposedly-hated GOP's candidate is neck-and-neck with the
Dem candidate, I'd say the one trend that is clearly shown is that this
thing is looks like it's gonna be close. You know, sorta like what I've
been saying for months...

TC,
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 28, 12:04*am, wrote:

Um, OK.So, what has Obama done that has you convinced he's just the
ginchiest, there, Gidget?

I didn't say anything about Obama, Harriet, and you might have
noticed that if you weren't taken with your Gidget toe fetish :-)