TR and More...

Old September 10th, 2008, 03:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

Default TR and More...

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 17:58:15 -0400, Dave LaCourse
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:03:01 -0400, daytripper
wrote:

Uh, riiiight.

Glad you approve, liar.

Tell ya what, Tripper (why would a 50+ yo guy have the handle
Tripper?), you don't bother me with your bs and I won't bother you.

Dave

Um, so it's threats now. Yeah, that'll work.

By the way: your latest lie was....um....definitely creative. But, even though
it is eminently clear you're a professional with such "creative writing", I
think you need to work on *plausibility* if you're going to hope to get any
takers - I don't think anyone is going to believe someone would actually tell
a cancer victim that he was going to die - ever. No matter what.

Also, your chronology in that lie is all ****ed up: I didn't even know you 12
years ago. Or even 10 years ago. Come on, man! You can do better!

Here's some help: 12 years ago would be 1996, and you pulled your public
hissyfit meltdown in 2000 - at least four years after your surgery. Ok?

But, hey! Keep trying! Maybe you'll come up with something that works...

/daytripper (rolls eyes, shakes head, and laughs at the sad man)
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sep 9, 7:45*pm, daytripper wrote:
Spell checked version , sorry

Well tripper I don't recall you saying that kind of thing but it has
been said by various pots calling kettles black. But its all
bull****. It is NORMAL to have mortal diseases for our life form.
This victim business is, to me at least, missing the point. All
mammals die. To develop cancer, to have heart attacks etc IS NORMAL.
These and other funners await me, you, all of us, with certainty. To
think otherwise is delusional.Obviously one can and should fight out
the good fight and pack as many good times and deeds into life as
possible, but Death awaits us from the day we are born. It's life as a
sentient being that is the incredible opportunity.

All is not bleak. IMHO making a good death can/should become everymans
goal, not in the prime of life, but for sure as our mind tells us we
are getting closer. By this I mean gathering oneself for the
challenges ahead. Putting ones affairs in order to sustain vulnerable
family and others. If possible directing some resources to subsidize
higher cultural values, learning and beauty in the world. Steeling
oneself to challenge pain and fear with a manly face.

But it is also NORMAL to suffer panic, terror and emotional breakdown.
IMHO that terror needs to be fought and hammered back into a
controlled state. Courage is a muscle which benefits from exercise.
And if we look we all can find wonderful role models for the good
death in parents, friends, and comrades. Sometimes literature can
help. I keep returning for some reason to a short book titled Specimen
Days, by Walt Whitman our greatest poet, (and gayer than his times
allowed.) He describes exactly how our young countrymen made good
deaths in the crude hospitals of the Civil War.

I tend toward skepticism and mistrust of religion because of all the
obvious use of it made by charlatans. But for a lot of people
religion helps as they face death. And that is normal too.

Im straying from a more immediate point. This terror of cancer, of
death, of speaking of these things in hushed tones, or not at all as
if they were boogymen or offend-able primitive Gods, or pinning a
badge on oneself as some kind of victim, makes me sick. If I do it
please tell me to **** off. What older people do is live till we die.
Get over it. And its not some unusual thing, or taboo to be specific
about how someone, one wishes dead, should die. Especially when you
consider how obsessed we are with killing one another for real gain or
entertainment.

Dave
Three little birds
on my doorstep
say
Don worry,
be happy
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:51 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:45:24 -0400, daytripper
wrote:

Here's some help: 12 years ago would be 1996, and you pulled your public
hissyfit meltdown in 2000 - at least four years after your surgery. Ok?

What the hell does Wally's clave have to do with it? You were in
Maine with me two to three years before that. You said that your dad
died less than two years after he had the nerve saving cure, and were
skeptical of my chances of survival. That was 97. I beat your
estimation, kid. I'm alive and well and still fishing better than you
ever will. d;o)

Davey

Old September 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Well then celebrate your survival, and leave out ****ting on an old
friend who MAY have said something your overly sensitive inner weenie
didn't want to face. THAT was 10 ****ing years ago. Or maybe you still
hold something against your Doc who I assume said something about
survival rates? Are you still giving him **** 10 years later?

We live in the USA , not Japan or some ******** where cancer is a
verboten topic. And did it EVER occur to you that Tripper's mind might
have been wandering over his own loss of his father while his tongue
was still wagging? So he said something inappropriate he was
fleetingly thinking? Maybe it was not primarily about you?

Why don't you purge this **** out of your memory, be a mensch, just be
thankful you've been gifted with 10 years and stop self- sabotaging
the comradeship you are capable of?
Old September 10th, 2008, 07:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message

...Why don't you purge this **** out of your memory, be a mensch, just be
thankful you've been gifted with 10 years and stop self- sabotaging
the comradeship you are capable of?

You boys ain't ever met, have you?

Wolfgang

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sep 10, 11:03*am, "Wolfgang" wrote:

You boys ain't ever met, have you? * * * *

Wolfgang

You may be right. I recall us both being at a clave at the Henry's
Fork, but I think we only overlapped a day or so, I was crawling out
of my own health mess, Gink was a phantom, and I was more into wading
some of the outlyers with John and Jeff I think, than floating. So if
we met it was very briefly. Over the years we've emailed, traded
health encouragements and such. We obviously disaggree on politics but
that's true for several other Roffians with whom I have enjoyably
fished and learned from. Besides, if you havn't noticed I am at least
a bit weird myself.

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message
On Sep 10, 11:03 am, "Wolfgang" wrote:

You boys ain't ever met, have you?

Wolfgang

You may be right.

A radical theory expounded from time to time, but never proven.

I recall us both being at a clave at the Henry's
Fork, but I think we only overlapped a day or so,

I've seen LaCouse. He could overlap a donkey or a small automobile, I
think. I don't know quite what that corresponds to in temporal units.

I was crawling out of my own health mess,

The evidence suggests that when you stopped, you shouldn't have.

Gink was a phantom,

Actually, no, he just flew one.

and I was more into wading some of the outlyers with John and Jeff I
think, than floating.

If performance here is an indication, wading into outlyers is definitely
your strong suit.

So if we met it was very briefly.

Well, you're a nice young couple and I think you should get married.*

Over the years we've emailed, traded
health encouragements and such. We obviously disaggree on politics but
that's true for several other Roffians with whom I have enjoyably
fished and learned from.

Politics? Has someone here been discussing politics and no one told me?

Besides, if you havn't noticed I am at least
a bit weird myself.

There have been rumors.

Wolfgang
*for you, stevie.

Old September 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sep 10, 11:53*am, "Wolfgang" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Wolfie
You ever think about coming out West let me know. Ive got a stretch of
a little river to share right on the L&C return trail, and more good
water is nearby. The camping is of the casual Western car variety, the
politics are violet, but the price is right. Ill spring for the beer.
Bring a partner if you like.
Old September 10th, 2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message

Wolfie
You ever think about coming out West let me know. Ive got a stretch of
a little river to share right on the L&C return trail, and more good
water is nearby. The camping is of the casual Western car variety, the
politics are violet, but the price is right. Ill spring for the beer.
Bring a partner if you like.

I've been west a couple of times. Found the climate and the geography quite
congenial for one of my tastes. Never been out toward the north-left coast,
though. Might have to take you up on that someday.

Wolfgang
who will, for reasons that should be obvious, be travelling incognito.

Old September 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sep 10, 12:24*pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
*Might have to take you up on that someday.
Do. Seriously. My place is on the East side of the State, sun, wheat,
snow,
Incognito? No, English and Spanish cover most of it.