What's wrong with this picture?

Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Conan The Librarian

Default What's wrong with this picture?

OK, so it's not a picture, but a scenario. As some of you know,
being Texans, we decided that we should have a year-round trout fishery
even though gawd didn't intend for trout to live here. (Some might say
gawd didn't intend for *people* to live down here, but I digress.)

So we took the Guadalupe River where it flows out of Canyon Lake (a
cold draw-down lake) and stocked it with trout. Not just for
put-and-take fishing, oh no ... we wanted the fish to survive the summers.

First the droughts killed them, then the flood killed them, and
supposedly the fireants even got them. But did we give up? (Did we
give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?) Hell, no! We kept
stocking them, and even went as far as to make a large portion of the
Lower Guadaulupe C&R only.

You can imagine my amusement when I read a call for a striper
fishing tournament on the Guadalupe below Canyon Dam. Best of all, one
of the stated reasons for the tournament is to "benefit the trout".

Chuck Vance (who just hopes they don't decide next that Guadalupe
bass are a nuisance to the poor little thangs)
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Mike Connor

"Conan The Librarian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP

? (Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour.

TL
MC

Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:50 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Mike Connor wrote:
"Conan The Librarian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP

? (Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour.

Forget it, he's rolling.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077975/quotes

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Charlie Choc

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:44:16 +0100, "Mike Connor"
wrote:

"Conan The Librarian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP

? (Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour.

The "... when the Germans bombed ..." is a line from the movie "Animal House",
FWIW.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com
Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Tom Nakashima

"Mike Connor" wrote in message

"Conan The Librarian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP

? (Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?)

The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour.

TL
MC

Darn it Mike, thought we had a shot of getting wiped off MacArthur's ****
list.
-tom

Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:02 PM
Mike Connor

"Charlie Choc" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP
The "... when the Germans bombed ..." is a line from the movie "Animal
House",
FWIW.
--
Charlie...
http://www.chocphoto.com

Well, "Play it again, Sam", is not a line from the movie "Casablanca", but
the Japanese still bombed Pearl Harbour.

TL
MC

Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:05 PM
Wayne Harrison

"Mike Connor" wrote

....Pearl Harbour.

hilarious. you can take the boy out of britain, but you can't take the
briton out of the boy...

yfitons
wayno(observation made in fun, of course)

Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:05 PM
Mike Connor

"Tom Nakashima" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP
Darn it Mike, thought we had a shot of getting wiped off MacArthur's ****
list.
-tom

Ooops! Sorry Tom.

TL
MC

Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:07 PM
Conan The Librarian

Mike Connor wrote:

Well, "Play it again, Sam", is not a line from the movie "Casablanca", but
the Japanese still bombed Pearl Harbour.

Christ. Seven years of college down the drain.

Chuck Vance
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM
Mike Connor

Mike Connor wrote:

Well, "Play it again, Sam", is not a line from the movie "Casablanca",
but the Japanese still bombed Pearl Harbour.

Christ. Seven years of college down the drain.

Chuck Vance

Nahhh, just first year history!

TL
MC