Muskie 51 pounder in Wis.

Old January 13th, 2007, 01:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S

Default Muskie 51 pounder in Wis.

A friend sent this to me as it was caught up around the Eagle River area in
the later part of 06...not sure when .Tried senting it on the
alt.binaries.picture.fishing but dont think it went through

htpp://hawknest.us/pics/mushie.jpg
Chris S
Replace com with net to e-mail
---

Old January 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
johnval1

"Chris S" wrote in message Darn I'll get this right yet
http://hawknest.us/pics/muskie.jpg

Holy cow! Now that's what I call a fish! Any more details on what it was
caught on, conditions, time of day, etc?

Old January 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"johnval1" wrote in message
t...

"Chris S" wrote in message Darn I'll get this right yet
http://hawknest.us/pics/muskie.jpg

Holy cow! Now that's what I call a fish! Any more details on what it was
caught on, conditions, time of day, etc?

Sure, it was caught by a gentleman by the name of Tom Gelb. He's a
dedicated muskie hunter who puts in a ton of time on the water. Wisconsin's
muskie season ends on November 31st and that's the day this pig was caught.
He was row-trolling in really cruddy weather when the beast hit.

If I remember correctly, it's the largest muskie caught in Vilas County in
over 20 years. I commend Tom for his catch, I can't think of a nicer guy to
have that fish.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 14th, 2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
johnval1

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message
http://hawknest.us/pics/muskie.jpg
Sure, it was caught by a gentleman by the name of Tom Gelb. He's a
dedicated muskie hunter who puts in a ton of time on the water.
Wisconsin's muskie season ends on November 31st and that's the day this
pig was caught. He was row-trolling in really cruddy weather when the
beast hit.

If I remember correctly, it's the largest muskie caught in Vilas County in
over 20 years. I commend Tom for his catch, I can't think of a nicer guy
to have that fish.

Thanks Steve. Yet another example of a lucky catch made by a dedicated
fisherman who out-works and out-toughs guys like me who sit at home in cold,
nasty weather. A great catch and a nice story.

Old January 31st, 2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

You know that guy what played the alien cockaroach in Men In Black? g

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear