Tierra del Fuego Trip

Old January 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

Default Tierra del Fuego Trip

http://dlacourse.shutterfly.com/

Click on Tierra del Fuego

Click on Slide Show

Click on Full Screen (upper right)

To end slideshow, hit ESC key

Old January 25th, 2009, 01:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jloomis

Nice pictures and looked like a great trip. Large trout must have been fun
to catch. Are they steelhead? (sea run trout.......)
jloomis

Old January 25th, 2009, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:47:59 -0800, "jloomis"
wrote:

Nice pictures and looked like a great trip. Large trout must have been fun
to catch. Are they steelhead? (sea run trout.......)

No. They are sea run brown trout. They were introduced to the area
from Scotland in 1930.

Old January 26th, 2009, 05:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

Wow; Thanks for sharing. That has to be a once in a life time experience to
fish a unique environment for fish that size. So far my most memorebable was
fishing for peacock bass in Panama.
George in Las Vegas

Old January 26th, 2009, 05:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

Default Hunbting in Argentina

There should be some hunting for elk, red stag, and Pere David deer down
there also.
George in Las vegas

Old January 26th, 2009, 03:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:03:44 -0800, "George" wrote:

So far my most memorebable was
fishing for peacock bass in Panama.

Where in Panama? I lived there for 4 years.

Old January 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

Where in Panama? I lived there for 4 years.

I was stationed at Howard from January of 1990 to 1991. I worked firetruck
maintenance on Howard and lived on Howard and Albrook. We would go to
Arenosa to fish on MWR trips. Sometimes we would get a taxi to take us to a
place called Dos Lagos; After fishing I would walk back on the train tracks
and stop of at Miraflores and watch the ships pass through the locks. Twice
I rented a boat at Rodman to fish for Dorado but never caught anything.

I didn't have a vehicle since I was on a short tour. I got around by
bicycle. People thought I was crazy for riding a bike over the bridge of the
Americas.
George in Las Vegas

Old January 27th, 2009, 01:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:08:54 -0800, "George" wrote:

People thought I was crazy for riding a bike over the bridge of the
Americas.

Uh, they were probably right! I was there 70 - 74 stationed on the
Atlantic side at Coco Solo (Galetta Island) Navy Base.

I remember when two buses were racing on the Bridge of the Americas,
side by side, when one cut in forcing the other over the side. It
landed on its roof and all aboard where killed. They (the
Panamanians) blamed it on the U.S. for building an "unsafe bridge".