spinnerbaits

Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default spinnerbaits

Do any of you guys here fish a spinnerbait like a worm or a jig on the
bottom? I remember years ago an old friend of mine use to catch some
nice bass like that in the fall. He did a lift and drop with a 5 inch
grub on the back,

Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
Do any of you guys here fish a spinnerbait like a worm or a jig on the
bottom? I remember years ago an old friend of mine use to catch some
nice bass like that in the fall. He did a lift and drop with a 5 inch
grub on the back,

Yep. I've been known to do that a time or two. I also will take a Secret
Weapon spinnerbait and remove the blade attachments and skirt. Then I'll
slide a tube jig over the arm and work it over the head, then put the blades
back on. This makes a great "lift-drop" bait. You can work it slow on the
bottom and if you believe in scents, you can pack the inside of the tube
with gelled scent or pack a cotton ball inside around the hook shank and
soak it with liquid scent.
--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief

Old September 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
Do any of you guys here fish a spinnerbait like a worm or a jig on the
bottom? I remember years ago an old friend of mine use to catch some
nice bass like that in the fall. He did a lift and drop with a 5 inch
grub on the back,

I've done it, but I'm as likely to fish a jig like a spinnerbait as a
spinnerbait like a jig. I often use a kind of swimming jig that I fish
pretty much the same as I fish a spinnerbait, bringing it through
sparser weed, over heavier weed clumps, and slowly dropping down into
openings, sliding along the bottom, etc. It usually doesn't catch as
many fish as a spinnerbait, but it almost invariably catches larger ones.
Old September 11th, 2009, 04:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Richard D. Steinbock

BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
Do any of you guys here fish a spinnerbait like a worm or a jig on the
bottom? I remember years ago an old friend of mine use to catch some
nice bass like that in the fall. He did a lift and drop with a 5 inch
grub on the back,

Occasionally I'll use a LedgeBuster on deep, off-shore structures for
small mouth bass. I use the same lift and drop as I would with a tube or
blade bait. Has produced some big smallies!