HI From Rhinelander

Old September 10th, 2009, 02:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default HI From Rhinelander

Linda and I got to Mohawksin yestereday in time to fish for about four
hours and caught six bass, including her first smallmouth ever, a
solid 2 pounder. I had a sm about that size and a lm about as big,
Today we hit Boom - Linda got her first bowfin - a good ten pounder,
on one of her first casts. We ended up with 19 bass, about six or
seven keepers. Couple of 2 pound plus sm and lm, too.

Wish you guys were here - we are having fun. At at the Pub last two
nights. Food is as good as ever.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 10th, 2009, 03:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Ronnie" wrote in message
Linda and I got to Mohawksin yestereday in time to fish for about four
hours and caught six bass, including her first smallmouth ever, a
solid 2 pounder. I had a sm about that size and a lm about as big,
Today we hit Boom - Linda got her first bowfin - a good ten pounder,
on one of her first casts. We ended up with 19 bass, about six or
seven keepers. Couple of 2 pound plus sm and lm, too.

Wish you guys were here - we are having fun. At at the Pub last two
nights. Food is as good as ever.

Dang Ronnie, I wasn't missing Rhinelander at all until you posted. Now I'd
love to be up there too, although I'm sure that a lot has to do with you
being there. We always have fun fishing together.

Congratulations to Linda on her catches. I never minded catching bowfin
unless I was in a tournament.

It sounds like you're having a pretty good time. Now does Linda have a
little understanding why you always wanted to attend the NWC?
--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief

Old September 11th, 2009, 02:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I think she does more than ever, especially after going to your secret
little lake today. Not quite as good as what you and I did last year
but I got 55 fish today and she got 31, all on whaky rigged Senkos.
Most were bass, too, but we had a good many rock bass. Linda had big
fish - a solid 3 pound largemouth - and I added a smallmouth close to
3 pounds. We had eight keeper bass - lots of fun, something was
hitting all the time.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 11th, 2009, 03:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Ronnie" wrote in message
I think she does more than ever, especially after going to your secret
little lake today. Not quite as good as what you and I did last year
but I got 55 fish today and she got 31, all on whaky rigged Senkos.
Most were bass, too, but we had a good many rock bass. Linda had big
fish - a solid 3 pound largemouth - and I added a smallmouth close to
3 pounds. We had eight keeper bass - lots of fun, something was
hitting all the time.

That is an awesome little lake. The funny thing is I had to guide some
people that lived on the lake. They couldn't catch anything on the lake! I
showed them Super Flukes and wacky rigged stick baits. Oddly enough, now
there are a lot of fish in the lake! One of my last guide jobs before I
retired was on that lake, a newly wed couple on their honeymoon. He caught
a nice largemouth and she caught a nice smallmouth, both within ten feet of
each other, one on a fluke and one on a stick! She ended up with the
biggest fish of the day, a smallmouth that topped five pounds (according to
the Boga Grip) and she lost one that was even bigger!

Say hi to the guys at the Al-Gen for Janet and I.

Old September 11th, 2009, 12:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?[_2_]

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:26:20 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park
then wrote:

Linda and I got to Mohawksin yestereday in time to fish for about four
hours and caught six bass, including her first smallmouth ever, a
solid 2 pounder. I had a sm about that size and a lm about as big,
Today we hit Boom - Linda got her first bowfin - a good ten pounder,
on one of her first casts. We ended up with 19 bass, about six or
seven keepers. Couple of 2 pound plus sm and lm, too.

Wish you guys were here - we are having fun. At at the Pub last two
nights. Food is as good as ever.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Oh man. Fishing in the low seventies and catching LM & SM. Eating at
the Inn, tonight at the El Gen . . . It doesn't get any better than
that! The only thing that could top that is having all of us there
too!! Have fun Ronnie!!!!
---

Dan MUCH TOO TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
N9JBF 1997 HD FXDS
Old September 12th, 2009, 02:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

This trip has been fun telling Linda about past trips and fishing all
the familiar places and eating at the Pub and Al Gen tonight. She got
a good laught when I told her about Steve's kiss during the award's
ceremony. Something is missing without the whole crew here, tho.

Steve - the bartenders said Hi right back at you. Wanted to know
when you were coming home.

Below is our trip today on Boom.It started out like the lake we all
remember and hate.

Friday - September 11, 2009 - Day 253

Fished Boom Lake again and it tried to live up to its tough
reputation, After five hours Linda had two small bass and I had
three. Then we hit a point at about 2 PM and I got a 13 inch
smallmouth and the next cast she got a pretty 3.5 pound smallmouth. We
fished the point until an idiot family in a pontoon boat rode right
over where I was casting . I yelled at him that I would hurry up and
get my line out of his way and said a few other things.

We fished another point and Linda got a small largemouth, then we hit
a bar and grassline full of bass. Linda hooked bass on eight
consecutive casts and landed five of them. We caught 18 bass off that
area - most small largemouth, but Linda did get a nice 2 pound plus
smallmouth.

We ended the day back where she got the big one - I got my last keeper
there.

Total today - 28 bass but only 3 keepers.

In the faux NWC Linda and I fished on WEd and today, she won with
five keepers weighing about 12 pounds and her 3.5 pound smallmouth was
big fish. I finished second with four keepers weighing about 9 pounds

Saw Gil's truck at the landing but never saw him. Have not called him
since I have been sick and hated to make plans.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
roggerbiny roggerbiny is offline
Junior Member

I anticipate she does added than ever, abnormally afterwards traveling to your secret little basin today. Not absolutely as acceptable as what you and I did endure year but I got 55 angle today and she got 31, all on whaky chic Senkos. Most were bass, too, but we had a acceptable abounding bedrock bass.