A Fishing forum. FishingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishingBanter forum » rec.outdoors.fishing newsgroups » Bass Fishing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Float Tubing

Old March 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM

First recorded activity by FishingBanter: Mar 2011

I've tried float tube, do not like them. If you can put in a float tube and fins, and the pump and your gear, you can be easily installed in small canoes. One of my canoe was fifty-four pounds 16 feet, anywhere I can, I can pack a float tube and all its tools.
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM

First recorded activity by FishingBanter: Jul 2011

I accept it ability be accessible to annoyance a one being kayak, but it would be pretty aching up., and I would be beat by the time I got it through. Its not a continued walk. Maybe a bisected mile, but there are two or three places where I can almost fit me through the brush. One of them is about 100 feet of that blazon of binding through.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:18 AM

First recorded activity by FishingBanter: Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
There is a place I like to fish that is walk in access only. Heavy brush.
Dragging my canoe is not even possible even with a partner and with a canoe
dolly. There is only a small portion of it I can fish from the bank or by
wading. I was thinking I could pack in a light duty float tube deflated in
my pack, but I need to be able to inflate it in a reasonable period of time.
Any of you guys have a suggestion. Something small enough to be packable
and can inflate the tube in a short period of time to full pressure?

Remember I also have to pack in water, (a snack if I stay all day) and my
fishing gear along with reasonable safety gear.
hey Bob La Londe, what i would like to say about float tubing, Float tubes are truly a great invention for anyone who enjoys fishing. Float tubes are lightweight, very affordable and ultra-portable. For an angler on a budget and who needs a "floating platform" for fishing on remote lakes or smaller bodies of water, float tubes make an excellent boat of choice.

That said, float tubes aren't for everyone. As float tubes are frequently bought by anglers - only to be stowed away in an attic somewhere once the limitations of a float tube have been realized - this section of Big Sky Fishing has been added. Hopefully, it will help any person contemplating a purchase of a float tube decide whether they should get one in the first place, and if so, what kind to get and where to get it.