Best Braid

Old May 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Best Braid

Power Pro need not apply. I am sure its wonderful, but I just don't
like it. I have several spools and I cringe everytime I have to spool
some up. Yes, I have tried the "new" Power Pro.

My favorite braid was Stren Super Braid, but its no longer made.
Thin, smooth, supple. The 65 was my go to for heavy cover flipping
and heavy brush frogging. I usually kept one rod spooled with 50 for
flipping lighter baits.

I have some 50lb Suffix 832, and its ok. Kind of halfway in between
PP and Super Braid. I may go with it for my bulk spools if I can't
find anything I like better.

A buddy of mine had some 80 of some kind that looked to be about the
same diameter as my 65 Super Braid, but I don't recall what brand it
was. Looked pretty smooth too. He joined the Marine Corps last year,
and he's kind of hard to get ahold of these days.

Old May 15th, 2012, 06:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
TheGreatGazooka

On 07 May 2012 02:27:09 GMT, ScovilleUnit wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote in news:269104f0-eb37-4aea-
:

Power Pro need not apply. I am sure its wonderful, but I just don't
like it. I have several spools and I cringe everytime I have to spool
some up. Yes, I have tried the "new" Power Pro.

My favorite braid was Stren Super Braid, but its no longer made.
Thin, smooth, supple. The 65 was my go to for heavy cover flipping
and heavy brush frogging. I usually kept one rod spooled with 50 for
flipping lighter baits.

I have some 50lb Suffix 832, and its ok. Kind of halfway in between
PP and Super Braid. I may go with it for my bulk spools if I can't
find anything I like better.

A buddy of mine had some 80 of some kind that looked to be about the
same diameter as my 65 Super Braid, but I don't recall what brand it
was. Looked pretty smooth too. He joined the Marine Corps last year,
and he's kind of hard to get ahold of these days.

Is this Anchor Rope you are talking about, or is it Floss for Green Teeth
Giles?

Do you know John?