G Loomis rod weights

Old January 18th, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
QUAKEnSHAKE

Default G Loomis rod weights

Ive been searching for a place that has how much each rod weighs but so
far not much luck. I tried the G loomis site, none posted.

Any of you know a place thats lists the weight of G Loomis rods?

Just adding this finding in
I found one review of a GLX 6'8" MH xF 12-16# line @ 4.3oz
This though isnt all that light when looking at other brands i.e. St
Croix.
I have St Croix catalog I couldnt find an exact match between them so
just used line wt to match-up.
and an Avid 6'8" M XF 8-14# @ 4.2oz
& Avid 7' M F 10-17# line @4.4oz
And these cost much less so what am I missing.

Thans
Ray

Old January 19th, 2008, 03:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"QUAKEnSHAKE" wrote in message
Ive been searching for a place that has how much each rod weighs but so
far not much luck. I tried the G loomis site, none posted.

Any of you know a place thats lists the weight of G Loomis rods?

Just adding this finding in
I found one review of a GLX 6'8" MH xF 12-16# line @ 4.3oz
This though isnt all that light when looking at other brands i.e. St
Croix.
I have St Croix catalog I couldnt find an exact match between them so
just used line wt to match-up.
and an Avid 6'8" M XF 8-14# @ 4.2oz
& Avid 7' M F 10-17# line @4.4oz
And these cost much less so what am I missing.

Thans
Ray

Hi Ray,

There are those that will argue that the Loomis blanks are superior to the
St. Croix Avid series of rods. This is strictly my opinion, but I believe
that at one time, Loomis blanks were superior, but they've been caught (or
surpassed) by other rod manufacturers and to a certain extent, you're paying
for the name.

I'm very familiar with both of the Avid rods, and they're quite nice,
especially for the price.

Which one is right for you? It depends upon which action and length you
prefer.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 19th, 2008, 01:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

[...]

Also the St Croix (in my opinion) more accurately label the speed and power
of their rods.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old December 14th, 2012, 04:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Monday, October 29, 2012 1:36:39 AM UTC-5, mike wrote:
I have St croix legend elite lec9hf2,it weigh 6.1 oz i think ,it is so light and so sensitive and has a strong back bone.Casting is dead accurate ,love this rod.The only problem is my wife loves it too and she can cast it all day and never get tired.

Ah I purchased an Avid 8' ML Mod rod May of '08 and the rod has been awesome.