Navigation lights

Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Navigation lights

Hey group,

What do you guys do about your front (red/green) navigation lights when your
trolling motor takes up the front? I have a 10 inch extended post for my
lights, but it's not enough to get over my new trolling motor, and there's
not enough room for a perm mount off the front. I have been scratching my
head for almost a week now looking at this and that, and no matter what I
see, I'm afraid it will look hokey, which will not do.

I have that triangular piece holding the front together, and was thinking
about mounting some LED's to the front of that piece, any thoughts? If so,
where could I get some that would fit up there? Links? My only
intrepidation about that is when I might bump into stuff with the front of
the boat, it may break them.
Any other idea's for Nav. lights up front?
If it matters, it's a 16.5 Aluminum boat
I've been dying to get this new boat out to some night time bassin, but no
lights!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and idea's!!

Anybody been doing any good at night lately? If so, on what and where at?

Tight lines,

Doug

Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 01:55:48 GMT, "Doug"
wrote:

[...]

MMM...I looked at a few online and they all were 10" tall which you
said was too short.

What I did with my stern light when I raised my seat on my 14'
aluminum boat was go to the hardware store and find a longer tube and
put the base and light on it. It looks kind of funny when it is in
the socket and I am not in the boat but meets the regulations when I
am sitting in the boat. Do the same with your bow light and just put
it away when you are not using it. All you need is some wire, a
length of tube and your in business.

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

Remove the x for e-mail reply
Amateur radio enthusiast, N9JBF
Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

You might look at these, they look like they would fit almost anywhere.
Remember, they don't have to be on the very tip of the front, you could
mount one on either side of your troller.
http://tinyurl.com/n2h4x
http://tinyurl.com/od9ez
Otherwise, I would look at getting a longer stern pole and adapting
that pole to your existing bow light. If it looks hokey that way, so
what? It'll only be in place at night!

Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Alright, I appreciate the thoughts on this, and the links. The pontoon
lighting might be the way to go I think, but I would still like to find
something discreet, not only for looks, but for being snag free as well.

Thanks again!

Doug

ups.com...

Old June 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Okay Doug, I hear you, but it's gonna cost you:
http://www.cgedwards.com/Perko/pko2.html
http://tinyurl.com/lzx25
Check out the top pair, they are pricey but sweet! The second link
shows the same lights with more detail, but at a much higher price.

Henry

Old June 4th, 2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Man Henry, how the heck can they justify that price I wonder! wow! There
has to be something similar for less you would think anyway. Well, I"ll
keep looking, if I don't come up with anything, I guess I'll just look into
extended my 10" pole to 14 inches or so like someone else suggested.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

Old June 7th, 2006, 05:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Doug" wrote in message
newswpgg.1911$9c7.1677@trnddc06...
Man Henry, how the heck can they justify that price I wonder! wow!
There has to be something similar for less you would think anyway. Well,
I"ll keep looking, if I don't come up with anything, I guess I'll just
look into extended my 10" pole to 14 inches or so like someone else
suggested.

Should be no big deal. If you are like anybody else who has been boating a
while you probably got two or three bent or broken anchor lights laying
around. Just use a piece of one to make a taller bow light setup.

Tip: Make 2.
I have actually keep a spare of both anchor and bow light in my boat. It
has saved me and other anglers at a tournament blast off a couple times.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old April 9th, 2011, 12:03 AM
lerryboshman lerryboshman is offline
Junior Member

Illumination color of a navigation light aircraft, spacecraft or vessels used to represent the vehicle location and status of the roots. In general, their task is through the International Convention on the settlement or civil authorities.