salt water fishing help me please

Old July 21st, 2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
SSG Benedict

Default salt water fishing help me please

I have been fishing in the bays catching shark for the past 2 years. I
recently purchased a 27 ft boat to get out into the big waters. I dont
know much about how to fish out there I have mainly just bottom fished
so far in the inlets and bay. Can someone give me tips on how and what
to do to fish off the coast of Georgia. thanks

Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Dreday

How far you going off the coast, just be careful, I fish off cumberland
Island, egg Island and the sandbars around St. Simons. Over the summer I
seen one boat swamped with water and it capsized, another guys stuck on the
sand bar waiting for the tide to caom back in. I mostly fish for reds off
the bar and Whiting in the surf using cut bait pogy's or mullett.

Where you launching from?

ups.com...

Old July 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Danny Buoy

SSG:

Talk with the local bait shops and join a local off shore club.
www.floridasportsman.com may have links to Georgia. "Fishing Hot Spots"
makes maps, and a good depth fishfinder and GPS are essential today. A
annual fishing planner based on lunar and tide tables greatly increase
your chances.

Consider hiring the best guide in the area on a day predicted to be
good, and take a notebook after talking to locals and reading blue
water guides.

Danny Buoy