Worst Fishing TV shows

Old February 24th, 2008, 03:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl

Default Worst Fishing TV shows

The worst one for me is Waters and Woods with John Gilespie. It's a
regional show and he is from WI. His dad was a well liked TV sports
reporter in Milwaukee for 30 years or so.

The show has great guests that really do know their stuff and can
explain it well.

The problem? John can never let his guests speak their piece without
interrupting them. He shouts the same phrases incessantly! He talks
like an excited 10 year old kid. Some of his guests, when they are
behind him just shake their heads in disgust. His product plugs are
at the point now that he resembles a dog salivating over a female in
heat.

When I see it on cable now, if there is nothing else on to watch, I
turn the volume off on the TV and turn on the radio for music.

Dan
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Guy Anderson, Sr.

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:14:37 -0600, "Dan, danl"
wrote:

Bring back replays of Gadabout Gaddis, "The Flying Fisherman"!!!

http://www.gadaboutgaddis.com/
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

wrote:

Bring back replays of Gadabout Gaddis, "The Flying Fisherman"!!!

http://www.gadaboutgaddis.com/

Ahh, Gadabout Gaddis. I remember watching him on TV (in black & white) and
wishing I was him! I used to watch The American Sportsman and hang on every
minute. Thanks for the memories and reminder of much simpler times.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 25th, 2008, 02:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
MoiMoi

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Bring back replays of Gadabout Gaddis, "The Flying Fisherman"!!!

http://www.gadaboutgaddis.com/

Ahh, Gadabout Gaddis. I remember watching him on TV (in black & white) and
wishing I was him! I used to watch The American Sportsman and hang on every
minute. Thanks for the memories and reminder of much simpler times.

Yeppers, I remember ole Gadabout too.
Maybe the first outdoor show I ever saw ...

MM
Old February 25th, 2008, 12:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

MoiMoi wrote:

Yeppers, I remember ole Gadabout too.
Maybe the first outdoor show I ever saw ...

MM

I used to get into Harold Ensley's show back in the late sixties and
early 70s.

Still remember a line or two of the theme song.

"Goin' fishing, instead of just wishin'".
Old February 25th, 2008, 02:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Da Chief

I don't remember it being a long running show, but I'm surprised that no one
has mentioned "Fish Fishburn". It's been a long time, but I recall him being
more comedic and not so informative.

Shelby Foles,
If you auto reply, you'd better get "the heck" out of my email or it won't
arrive.

Old February 25th, 2008, 02:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:27:52 -0500, "Da Chief"
wrote:

I don't remember it being a long running show, but I'm surprised that no one
has mentioned "Fish Fishburn". It's been a long time, but I recall him being
more comedic and not so informative.

Shelby Foles,
If you auto reply, you'd better get "the heck" out of my email or it won't
arrive.

I remember the time Fish brought his dad to fish a pond with
him...They fished off of tall step ladders set out in the pond. It
was pretty funny, especially his dad's commentary during the outing.

Dan

-

Remove the X for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old February 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz[_2_]

I remember that show, the one that sticks out in my mind was fishng while
wearing a tux at a pond in a mall. Funny does not equal good!

Old February 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:59:28 -0500, "Mike Getz"
wrote:

I remember that show, the one that sticks out in my mind was fishng while
wearing a tux at a pond in a mall. Funny does not equal good!

IMHO They were not supposed to be good...They were supposed to be
funny! I thought they poked fun at a lot of the pompous asses in the
game at that time!

Dan

.. .