final tournament day

Old April 21st, 2011, 05:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default final tournament day

Friday - April 15, 2011 - day 28

Cloudy and windy at launch, water had stayed about the same. Bad
weather predicted so BASS officials cut the day short by 2 hours
trying to get us off the water before the bad thunderstorms and
tornadoes hit.

Partner today wanted to run to muddy water and fish where he had
caught good fish in practice - had not been back. He had about 10
pounds first day and only 3 yesterday.

We fished shallow water, pitching to brush in 8 to ten feet of water
but no hits in the mud. After a couple of hours he went to clearer
water and I got a 14 inch fish on a spinnerbait, then a 14 inch fish
on a jig and pig. He then got a nice keeper, then I got another
short. He soon got a second keeper then I got another short, then he
got his third keeper. He ended up with three at 9-7 and I had no
keepers. He never got a throwback and I never got a keeper although I
got five short fish. Again, have no idea what made the difference.
Disgusted with only one keeper in three days.

Weather got very bad just before we had to go in, lightning and bad
wind. Area was under a tornado warning by noon.

Guy on team, Jeff Jones, President of the GBFN, got four more keepers
and was first on the team, but the team was still dead last.

I loaded up and headed to Clark's Hill, 6.5 hours away according to
GPS. Pouring rain and very windy when I pulled out at 3 pm.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com