Day 2 at Clarks Hill

Old April 27th, 2011, 02:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

Default Day 2 at Clarks Hill

Sunday - April 17, 2011 - day 30

Calm clear cold morning - cold front had come thru during the night.
No problem running down to Mistletoe for blast off. As soon as we left
I headed for the point where I got the good fish yesterday - tried
topwater, Caroliana rig and other baits. NO bites at all. Fished
another nearby point and got a bare 12 inch keeper on a jig head. Hit
the point again - after three hours had only one small keeper.

Ran out to a hump and caught a couple of short fish, then two small
keepers on back to back cast. Thought I was on something but no more
keepers. Back to the point but no hits there still. Worked a nearby
bank and got my fourth small keeper on a jig head. Hit the point again
- after noon now, less than two hours to fish, still nothing on it.

Ran across to another cove I like and fished a point, but nothing.
Threw Trick worm to the shade of a dock and got my fifth small
keeper. Ran back to the hump but no more hits. Spent the last hour or
so on the good point but never got hit there.

At weigh-in my five weighed just over five pounds. One member with
six pounds on Saturday got on schooling bass and landed five at almost
16 pounds. He won with just over 22 pounds, my 17.8 was good for
second and big fish held up.

Glad to head home after all the fishing.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old April 28th, 2011, 05:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
danl

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:27:17 -0700 (PDT), Ronnie
wrote:

[...]

Second is pretty good considering the conditions.
Good job!
Home sweet home is always the best!

Dan