Shoulder Work

Old November 13th, 2012, 05:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

Default Shoulder Work

I do a form of snap pitch that has become quite accurate for me, but after a
day of it working in and around heavy cover my shoulder gets quite sore.
There is no noise or pressure in the joint, but several of the older guys I
know who do a lot of this type fishing have had shoulder surgeries. I hope
to avoid that. My main technique is to fish other methods, but push comes
to shove accurately putting a bait back in the trash produces a lot of big
fish. Any suggestions on methods to improve my technique to avoid this
repetitive motion damage?

Old November 13th, 2012, 09:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
HVAC[_2_]

On 11/13/2012 12:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I do a form of snap pitch that has become quite accurate for me, but
after a day of it working in and around heavy cover my shoulder gets
quite sore. There is no noise or pressure in the joint, but several of
the older guys I know who do a lot of this type fishing have had
shoulder surgeries. I hope to avoid that. My main technique is to fish
other methods, but push comes to shove accurately putting a bait back in
the trash produces a lot of big fish. Any suggestions on methods to
improve my technique to avoid this repetitive motion damage?

One word...Percocet

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
http://www.richardgingras.com/tia/im...logo_large.jpg
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Earl[_2_]

HVAC wrote:
On 11/13/2012 12:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I do a form of snap pitch that has become quite accurate for me, but
after a day of it working in and around heavy cover my shoulder gets
quite sore. There is no noise or pressure in the joint, but several of
the older guys I know who do a lot of this type fishing have had
shoulder surgeries. I hope to avoid that. My main technique is to fish
other methods, but push comes to shove accurately putting a bait back in
the trash produces a lot of big fish. Any suggestions on methods to
improve my technique to avoid this repetitive motion damage?

One word...Percocet

Start with a Cortisone shot first!
Old November 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty[_2_]

I had shoulder pain and got a cortisone shot five years ago and have had no
pain since then. However, I don't remember exactly what my problem was.
Yours is probably different.

Old November 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
HVAC[_2_]

On 11/17/2012 11:51 AM, Hugo He wrote:

HVAC wrote:-
On 11/13/2012 12:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:-
I do a form of snap pitch that has become quite accurate for me, but
after a day of it working in and around heavy cover my shoulder gets
quite sore. There is no noise or pressure in the joint, but several of
the older guys I know who do a lot of this type fishing have had
shoulder surgeries. I hope to avoid that. My main technique is to fish
other methods, but push comes to shove accurately putting a bait back
in
the trash produces a lot of big fish. Any suggestions on methods to
improve my technique to avoid this repetitive motion damage?-

One word...Percocet
-

Start with a Cortisone shot first! -

team work would be ok.

Team work in fishing to resolve a bum shoulder?

That's when you have a friend cast for you, set the hook on a bite, reel
in the fish, release it, then tell you how it felt.

Better than not going at all I guess.