Smart Cast

Old April 28th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Pat

Default Smart Cast

Anyone have experience with Hummingbird's "smart Cast fish finder? Opinions?

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Andrew Kidd

"Pat" wrote in message
Anyone have experience with Hummingbird's "smart Cast fish finder?

Opinions?

No experience, but it looks like it would be really cool, especially for
bank fishermen...
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old April 29th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Craig Baugher

I have a friend that bought one. He used it a couple of times and then
brought it to me to show it off. While we were talking, he said he didn't
know if he like it because it was consistently marking fish, but he wasn't
catching anything. I noticed he had the thin plastic protective cover for
the LCD that shows an example of fish on it. So I asked if he was taking
the protect film off the LCD Screen, he said what protective film. I peeled
it off and we both just laughed. So make sure you take off the protective
film ;-)

I went out with him to show him the basics of using it. It works pretty
well. Just remember you have to keep it moving at the same steady speed and
make multiple casts (like slicing a pie) to get a good idea of structure and
cover in the area you are standing.

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!