Anyone fishing?

Old December 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Steve B

Default Anyone fishing?

Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap to
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

Old December 14th, 2009, 02:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Todd[_2_]

On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap to
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

A cotton ball soaked in distilled water stuck through a
number two hook. Doesn't matter if it is barbless. You
can use tap water if you aren't classy enough to have
distilled water around.

Toss on to the nearest ice flow and allow 2 minutes for the
cotton ball to freeze to the ice flow. Then set the hook ...

It is an awesome spectacle when they jump. :-)

-T

Old December 14th, 2009, 04:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Steve B

"Todd" wrote in message ...
On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some rainbows and
search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on my boat. I guess I
could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer full, and it's just as cheap
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice, anyway?

Steve

A cotton ball soaked in distilled water stuck through a
number two hook. Doesn't matter if it is barbless. You
can use tap water if you aren't classy enough to have
distilled water around.

Toss on to the nearest ice flow and allow 2 minutes for the
cotton ball to freeze to the ice flow. Then set the hook ...

It is an awesome spectacle when they jump. :-)

-T

The sun came out today, and my boat thawed. Time to get working on it, and
do some fishing. If it clears up, I'll go this week. I can put up with
most anything, but when it's windy, I'd just as soon watch rasslin'.

Steve

Old December 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
James E. Morrow

"Steve B" wrote in
:

"Todd" wrote in message
On 12/12/2009 11:02 PM, Steve B wrote:
Cold, snowy, and wet rain here. Trying to get out for some
rainbows and search for crappie just as soon as the ice melts on
my boat. I guess I could go ice fishing, but I have a freezer
full, and it's just as cheap to
buy it at the store. What bait does one use to catch ice,
anyway?

Steve

snip

The sun came out today, and my boat thawed. Time to get working
on it, and do some fishing. If it clears up, I'll go this week.
I can put up with most anything, but when it's windy, I'd just as
soon watch rasslin'.

Steve

We went fishing for rainbow trout at Roman Nose State Park, Oklahoma
on Saturday. Lots of wind and cold but regrettably no fish. Well
that's the way it is some days. ;=(

--
James E. Morrow
Email to:
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
vernon

Lots of snow on the ground in Iowa and lakes almost ready for ice
fishing. I keep my sanity by planning my fishing trips for the spring
and woeking on my website. http://www.crazyfisherman.com
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM
williamcraza williamcraza is offline
Junior Member

A affection brawl blood-soaked in distilled baptize ashore through a number two hook. Doesn't amount if it is barbless. You can use tap baptize if you aren't chic abundant to have distilled baptize around.
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
anddrewcraig anddrewcraig is offline