Names to know

Old November 12th, 2006, 09:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

Default Names to know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Discussions about this group have been tossed around ROFF for several
years, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has not really understood
what the PNAC committee was all about, or moreso, who its members are.
(BTW, these are the folks who proposed attacking Iraq long before Bush
was president.)

I think every responsible american needs to know about this committee,
as its members are in high places and have already had trememdous
influence on multiple facets of our lives. With the recent and upcoming
changes in Washington, I think we'd do well to keep an eye out for
these guys. For example, I didn't know that John Bolton was a member.
Or Dan Quayle.

Along with the rights of freedom of speech and the right to vote comes
the responsibility to always continue to become more informed of the
machinations of politics. I hope one or two folks have their curiosity
piqued by this.

Anyone have more references, books, etc to recommend?

--riverman

Old November 12th, 2006, 02:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus McDopus

"riverman" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Discussions about this group have been tossed around ROFF for several
years, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has not really understood
what the PNAC committee was all about, or moreso, who its members are.
(BTW, these are the folks who proposed attacking Iraq long before Bush
was president.)
--riverman

This group is the essences of NEOCON.

The Christian Science Monitor has this linked to its website:
http://tinyurl.com/8ay2r

They are our government within our government!

Op

Old November 12th, 2006, 04:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

"Steve" wrote in message
On 12 Nov 2006 01:10:18 -0800, "riverman" wrote:

Anyone have more references, books, etc to recommend?

****, just read their "Statement of Principles", it'll make ya shiver.
http://www.newamericancentury.org/st...principles.htm

From "Are We Safer", a treatise in the 'Iraq and Middle East' section:

"Iraq was not some sideshow when it comes to the broader war on terror. The
fact that no WMD stockpiles were found - and the occupation poorly executed
at times - does not mean that it was the wrong war at the wrong time. As
both David Kay and Charles Duelfer, the heads of the post-war inspection
team concluded, Saddam Hussein was still committed to acquiring those
weapons. He had had them in the past and the evidence indicates he wanted
them again."

and

"Focused on the narrow question of whether Saddam had any hand in the
attacks of 9-11, they have ignored the reports coming from prisoner
debriefs, uncovered internal Iraqi intelligence documents and, for that
matter, declassified Clinton-era National Security Council memos pointing
toward a budding "marriage of convenience" between Saddam and bin Laden. As
Thomas Kean, the co-chairman of the 9-11 Commission, put it: "There was no
question in our minds that there was a relationship between Iraq and
al-Qaeda."

Hmmm, interesting how they rationalize misinformation and lies. There were
no WMDs, but that's okay because he 'wanted them'. There was no connection
between Saddam and Bin Laden, however 'there was no question in their minds
that there was'.

I guess its all okay, just as long as you believe it.

--riverman

Old November 12th, 2006, 06:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred Lebow

Do you think that the scumbags have a vested interest in military
spending???

Fred

--

ups.com...

Old November 12th, 2006, 06:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus McDopus

"Fred Lebow" wrote in message
et...
Do you think that the scumbags have a vested interest in military
spending???

Fred

Did anyone read Max Boot's Q&A?

If he's not a neocon, he sure missed a good chance!

Op

Old November 13th, 2006, 03:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Cyli

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:24:20 -0500, "Opus McDopus"
wrote:

"riverman" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Discussions about this group have been tossed around ROFF for several
years, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has not really understood
what the PNAC committee was all about, or moreso, who its members are.
(BTW, these are the folks who proposed attacking Iraq long before Bush
was president.)
--riverman

This group is the essences of NEOCON.

The Christian Science Monitor has this linked to its website:
http://tinyurl.com/8ay2r

They are our government within our government!

The last thing I read about them was that many of them become very
disenchanted with government and politics after a while working with
them. Unfortunately, they're not the ones we have to worry about...
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus McDopus

"Cyli" wrote in message

The last thing I read about them was that many of them become very
disenchanted with government and politics after a while working with
them. Unfortunately, they're not the ones we have to worry about...
--

It makes one wonder how many of them are Veterans?

Op

Old November 13th, 2006, 12:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JoeSpareBedroom

"Cyli" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:24:20 -0500, "Opus McDopus"
wrote:

"riverman" wrote in message
roups.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project...erican_Century

Discussions about this group have been tossed around ROFF for several
years, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has not really understood
what the PNAC committee was all about, or moreso, who its members are.
(BTW, these are the folks who proposed attacking Iraq long before Bush
was president.)
--riverman

This group is the essences of NEOCON.

The Christian Science Monitor has this linked to its website:
http://tinyurl.com/8ay2r

They are our government within our government!

The last thing I read about them was that many of them become very
disenchanted with government and politics after a while working with
them. Unfortunately, they're not the ones we have to worry about...

I worry equally about loonies like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manucher_Ghorbanifar

....and the fact that he's still trying to sell ideas to weakminded pols,
such as George Bush.

Old November 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

Steve wrote:

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 00:30:23 +0800, "riverman"
wrote:

I guess its all okay, just as long as you believe it.

Except when one governs one of the most powerful nations on earth.

IMHO it looks like nothing so much as Manifest Destiny dusted off
and given a new suit of clothes.

Chuck Vance
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

Steve wrote:

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:40:59 -0600, Conan The Librarian
wrote:

IMHO it looks like nothing so much as Manifest Destiny dusted off
and given a new suit of clothes.

So you think that Divine Providence has expanded our franchise? ;-)
Bush could very well believe that.
Nothing encourages sin like the blessing of one's deity.

I fear those who believe they have some duty to expand our role of
influence and to enforce their own sense of morals on other countries at
gunpoint in the name of gawd. There were a couple of phrases in
particular that give me the creeps:

"... America's unique role in preserving and extending an
international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our
principles".

" ... Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity"

Chuck Vance (just what is this "international order" anyway ...
is it anything like the "new world order"?)