Headwaters of the Big Wood ...

Old December 19th, 2007, 11:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Default Headwaters of the Big Wood ...

.... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while XC
skiing.

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

rw wrote:

... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while XC
skiing.

neat...if that's a cell phone, hope you'll take the good camera along
next x-country.

jeff
Old December 20th, 2007, 01:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

jeff wrote:
rw wrote:

... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while
XC skiing.

neat...if that's a cell phone, hope you'll take the good camera along
next x-country.

jeff

I'm more tempted to take along a pack rod. The river is too small to
fish at that spot, but downstream near Ketchum and Hailey the XC trails
cover some pretty good looking holes.

Old December 20th, 2007, 06:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
[email protected]

On 19-Dec-2007, rw wrote:

... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while XC
skiing.

Attached file: bee_big_wood.jpg (246,964 bytes)

What a beautiful border collie!
We have one - Tweed

Fred
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

rw wrote:
... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while XC
skiing.

Nice shot. Was that taken recently? How is that stream able to stay
open? Is it a spring creek? "Everything" in Colorado is frozen over
already.

Willi
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Willi wrote:
rw wrote:

... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while
XC skiing.

Nice shot. Was that taken recently?

Yesterday.

How is that stream able to stay
open? Is it a spring creek? "Everything" in Colorado is frozen over
already.

Global warming? :-)

It's a fairly typical freestone creek.

There's a fair amount of snow on the other side of Galena Summit, which
separates the Sawtooth Basin (where Stanley is) from the Wood River
Valley (where Ketchum and Sun Valley are). Unfortunately, there's not
much snow here in the basin, so I've been going "over the hill" (as we
say) to ski. There are a number of storms headed our way and it's been
snowing all night, so I'm hopeful for later in the year. However, the
weather in the Lake Tahoe area is so far keeping me from returning to
California for Christmas.

Old December 20th, 2007, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

rw wrote:
jeff wrote:

rw wrote:

... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while
XC skiing.

neat...if that's a cell phone, hope you'll take the good camera along
next x-country.

jeff

I'm more tempted to take along a pack rod. The river is too small to
fish at that spot, but downstream near Ketchum and Hailey the XC trails
cover some pretty good looking holes.

yeah...but i can't enjoy the fishing, while your photos provide a
semblence of a shared experience. so...take the pack rod and the
camera. g

jeff
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

jeff wrote:
rw wrote:

jeff wrote:

rw wrote:

... just south of Galena Pass, taken with my cell-phone camera while
XC skiing.

neat...if that's a cell phone, hope you'll take the good camera along
next x-country.

jeff

I'm more tempted to take along a pack rod. The river is too small to
fish at that spot, but downstream near Ketchum and Hailey the XC
trails cover some pretty good looking holes.

yeah...but i can't enjoy the fishing, while your photos provide a
semblence of a shared experience. so...take the pack rod and the
camera. g

jeff

What I can't figure out is why he would want a cell phone when he was
going skiing and/or fishing out in the country.

Willi
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Willi wrote:

What I can't figure out is why he would want a cell phone when he was
going skiing and/or fishing out in the country.

Willi

Because it has a camera. Duh!

Also, I was thinking of going into Ketchum (but didn't -- another 20
miles, or 40 round-trip). My iPhone provides all kinds of useful
services, especially when WiFi is available, as it is nearly everywhere
in Ketchum. It's like carrying an internet-browsing computer in my pocket.

Old December 21st, 2007, 03:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

rw wrote:

Also, I was thinking of going into Ketchum (but didn't -- another 20
miles, or 40 round-trip).

You were thinking about going an EXTRA 40 miles!!!

Willi