The Trans-America Water Grid: Not just for the arid west anymore

Old December 20th, 2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

Default The Trans-America Water Grid: Not just for the arid west anymore

On Dec 20, 9:49 am, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

On Dec 20, 7:24 am, "Wolfgang" wrote:
In the absence of topography, the solution is even simpler.......a lake.
We've got those, too. You could acquire some of those through the simple
expedient of exporting some of your excess topography to places where it
is
in short supply......say, Texas or Georgia, for example. In fact,
EVERYBODY'S topography problems could easily be solved by the
establishment
of a national topography grid. But wait!, it gets better! There isn't
even
a need to establish such a grid. Seriously. It's ALREADY THERE!
Railroads! Yep. Not only has the national topography grid already been
in
place for over a century, it is grossly underutilized. Distributing
topography, on an as needed basis, would not only solve the immediate
problem, it would also boost the economy by providing a huge and highly
stable industry which would replace many of the jobs lost to overseas
competition in manufacturing, and would be (since both supply and demand
would be entirely domestic) immune to fluctuations caused by global
economic
factors.

Sure, but useless without water and power.

Who needs power when you can siphon water across a continent and up a mile
high grade?

Imbecile.

Wolfgang

The theoretical point of view of stepping water nowithstanding power
isn't generally an issue because the grid does exist but also because
it exists in the form of solar, wind and batteries at the locale need
to step the water.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

[...]

Do you suppose I'm the only person here who has read this without noticing
the oh so subtle change in terminology?

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
It is impossible to catch and release a wild trout.

Wrong, stupid, hackneyed......and just plain wrong.

Wolfgang

Old December 21st, 2007, 05:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Dec 20, 9:45 am, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

On Dec 20, 7:51 am, "Peter A. Collin"
wrote:
astounded that we do not have a reliable water grid. There is no
excuse. I believe we need a new CCC. Instead of Iraq we build the
water grid.

Great idea. then the whole country could share an enjoy zebra mussels,
spiny water fleas, ruffe gobies, leaping carp, rock snot, VHS disease,
whirling disease, and god knows what else.

Pete Collin

That is quite a leap Pete. These are challenges, nothing more.

One assumes you have never encountered thousands of tons of challenge
rotting on a Lake Michigan beach under the hot August sun.

Moron.

Wolfgang

Yes, in fact, I have. On the other hand I hear the water in the
Muskegon river is crystalline. But, we digress, this discussion is
simply about plumbing. It amazes me that folkes would argue against a
better water management system when we have so many problems with the
one(s) we have.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Water flows uphill, towards money.
Old December 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote:
[...]

The evidence suggests that to your dying day you will never understand that
(let alone why) your amazement does nothing to illuminate the issues that
engender it, but speaks volumes about your own personal issues.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
Water flows uphill, towards money.

Case in point......you don't have any idea at all what of you've just said
here.

Wolfgang

Old December 21st, 2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Dec 19, 11:38*am, Halfordian Golfer wrote:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...15/missed_1216...

Your pal,

TBone

We could just hire the Chinese to do it for us. They have a couple of
projects under way. They make and build everything else for us.
http://www.water-technology.net/projects/south_north/
In the next 19 years or so they are supposed to have 25 million men
between the ages of 18 and 25 with nothing to do but invade Siberia
and secure natural resources. Threr will be an extra 10 million or so
to dig a canal from ___________ to down south somewhere.
There is plenty of water flowing into the east side of Jame Bay and
there is hydro power to pump it. It's not doing much good up there.
A few whales and polar bears etc.
It's easy project, all you need is a swath of land about a 1/4 mile
wide and 2400 miles long. There are no projects to big, just
imaginations to small.
The real question is why? The land of the right-wing, neocon
Bu****es is being punished by God. The envrionment you ignore and
trash today bites you in the ass tomorrow. They should just accept
fate and learn to live with it. You want to see Atanta in a 100 years?
Go to Phoneix, Tripoli or Bagdad.
Old December 21st, 2007, 11:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Dec 21, 11:34 am, BJ Conner wrote:
[...]

Probably reasonable to assume that a 'singular' project conducted by
the states to connect a national grid in a comprehensive plan would do
less environmental damage than all the one-off plans that would
otherwise emerge to band-aid the problem.

Your pal,

Halfordian Golfer
A cash flow runs through it
Old December 21st, 2007, 11:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message
It amazes me that folkes would argue against a
better water management system when we have so many problems with the
one(s) we have.

because, more often than not, when we **** with nature, it ultimately ****s
us back.....worse.
Tom

Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Tom Littleton wrote:

"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

It amazes me that folkes would argue against a
better water management system when we have so many problems with the
one(s) we have.

because, more often than not, when we **** with nature, it ultimately ****s
us back.....worse.
Tom

speaking of that...have you set the penns dates yet? need to get my
secured leave established for 2008.

jeff
Old December 22nd, 2007, 02:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"jeff" wrote in message
news
speaking of that...have you set the penns dates yet? need to get my
secured leave established for 2008.

jeff

the week leading up to Memorial Day. Secure away, my friend.
Tom

Old December 22nd, 2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Dec 21, 3:52 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message

... It amazes me that folkes would argue against a
better water management system when we have so many problems with the
one(s) we have.

because, more often than not, when we **** with nature, it ultimately ****s
us back.....worse.
Tom

I guess I don't understand your meaning. Since when is man not a part
of nature and who said anything about ****ing with nature (at least
any more than we have to date)? If we are to exist as a species, in
any capacity, we will, invariably, completely and incessantly '****'
with nature. I guess the best we can hope to do is to do those things
that create a positive influence on our ability to manage the other
things properly. When you're in a mess of sewage and drought, well,
let's just say 'trout die' as a metaphor. In our panic to control
local and regional issues we do **** nature while simultaneously not
solving anything. Salmon get confused by the concrete and die without
spawning, again as a metaphor. So, it's flooding down in Texas (RIP
Stevie Ray) or in Louisiana and the water runs in to massive
underground tanks in the grid to reappear in North Carolina where the
cricks holding the beloved national treasure brookies would otherwise
dry up. Espousing an attitude of 'living in a cave' just won't git 'er
done.

Your pal,

TBone