Veterans Day

Old November 11th, 2008, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default Veterans Day

To all the U.S. veterans and the victims of all wars, today
we honor you.

http://tinyurl.com/6eugvz

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 11th, 2008, 03:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

On Nov 11, 9:30*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
To all the U.S. veterans and the victims of all wars, today
we honor you.

http://tinyurl.com/6eugvz

Thank you Ken.
To absent comrades.
Frank Reid, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
notbob

On 2008-11-11, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

Thank you Ken.
To absent comrades.
Frank Reid, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)

Ditto

notbob -USAF '66-70

Old November 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Calif Bill

On 2008-11-11, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

Thank you Ken.
To absent comrades.
Frank Reid, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)

Ditto

notbob -USAF '66-70

Ditto, USAF 1965

Old November 11th, 2008, 08:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
~^ beancounter ~^

cheers and thanx all vet's !!!

richard / aviation boatswain mate
colorado
usn / uss ranger (cva-61)
1974-1980

On Nov 11, 12:14*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

On 2008-11-11, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

Thank you Ken.
To absent comrades.
Frank Reid, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)

Ditto

notbob *-USAF '66-70

Ditto, USAF 1965

Old November 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

cheers and thanx all vet's !!!
richard / aviation boatswain mate
Frank Reid, MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
notbob *-USAF '66-70

Ditto from me too. Thanks to all who serve(d).
Joe F., Selective Service Lottery #344.
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:
To all the U.S. veterans and the victims of all wars, today
we honor you.

http://tinyurl.com/6eugvz

--
Ken Fortenberry

Thank you, Mr Fortenberry.

J. Schmitt USN 53-57
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Kiyu[_2_]

Ditto from me too. Thanks to all who serve(d).
Joe F., Selective Service Lottery #344.

Drunken orgy celebrating your 18th birthday - $550.
A couple 6 packs with buddies after going to register for the draft -
$16.50.
Getting a great lotto number - priceless.

Kiyu
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Nov 11, 7:30*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
To all the U.S. veterans and the victims of all wars, today
we honor you.

As a kid my father told me of Charles Snedeker whose nightmares of the
rebel yell coming up thru the Peach Orchard as his 6th NJ infantry was
over run by McLaws assault at Gettysburg, became a part of family oral
history. As an adult, when I looked at the effects of that one war on
my family I was appalled.

In memory those lost:
James B. Snedeker, 14th New Jersey Infantry, KIA Cold Harbor, Va.
Salter Snedeker Stults, Co.A, 9th New Jersey Infantry, died POW,
Charlston, N.C.
William Snedeker, 3rd New York Artillery, KIA Portsmouth, Va.
Samual G. Snedeker, 121st New York Infantry, KIA Spotsylvania, Va.
Marion Snedigar, Co. E, 39th Missouri. Infantry, Unknown
Albert Issac Snedaker, Co. D, 111th New York. Infantry. died POW,
Andersonville, Georgia
James W. Snedeker, 127th New York Volunteers, died POW, Andersonville,
Georgia
And many more.

Old November 12th, 2008, 01:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Calif Bill

"Kiyu" wrote in message

Ditto from me too. Thanks to all who serve(d).
Joe F., Selective Service Lottery #344.

Drunken orgy celebrating your 18th birthday - $550.
A couple 6 packs with buddies after going to register for the draft -
$16.50.
Getting a great lotto number - priceless.

Kiyu

I was screwed either way. Had already gotten a draft notice and decided the
USAF was better than the US Army. Christmas 1964. When they went to the
lottery, I think mine was #43.