onboad charger

Old February 14th, 2009, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default onboad charger

I'm looking for a good onboard charge, ayone have ny input on what to
get I have a 2 bank now but I need a 3rd bank. I Want to say under $
300.00

Old February 14th, 2009, 12:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good onboard charge, ayone have ny input on what to
get I have a 2 bank now but I need a 3rd bank. I Want to say under $
300.00

I can't recommend any one particular brand, as there are many good ones out
there. The thing you need to think about is the type of batteries that
you'll be running now and in the future. Some are good only for lead/acid
batteries, while others will handle the new gel-cell batteries and some will
do both.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Chris S.

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
I'm looking for a good onboard charge, ayone have ny input on what to
get I have a 2 bank now but I need a 3rd bank. I Want to say under $
300.00

Ive been using a Guest 2631a which is a 30 amp 3 bank charger, which Ive had
NO troubles with it. I keep my batteries charged all year long and they have
been great.I got it off a dealer on e-bay and I believe it was around $250.
Been using guest chagers for the last 8 years and no troubles. Hope this
help a bit

Chris S.

Old February 14th, 2009, 03:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Feb 13, 6:08*pm, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
I'm looking for a good onboard charge, ayone have ny input on what to
get I have a 2 bank now but I need a 3rd bank. I Want to say under $
300.00

I have had great sucess with Charging System International's 3 bank 30
amp charger. It has been through 2 tornadoes and one marina fire at my
local marina with no problems. The Co. is located near Nashville in
Lavergne, TN. Telephone 615-471-5300.

I have no connection with this Co. but have used 2 of their products
for a number of years.

Jack
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Feb 14, 2:13*pm, Ken Fortenberry
I have had great sucess with Charging System International's 3 bank 30
amp charger. It has been through 2 tornadoes and one marina fire ...

Damn, that thing sounds like a disaster magnet, it must have
some really bad karma. I wouldn't get within 20 miles of it. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Still works like a charm.

Jack