OT pretty cool

Old March 31st, 2004, 02:55 AM
Larry L

Default OT pretty cool

One of my neighbors saw a mountain lion about 1/2 mile from my house a
couple days ago. I'm in a "rural" area, but certainly NOT in the
"country," ... kinda cool if you ask me G I took a short walk today
and saw several Mallards working at mating/ nesting, a pair of Honkers, a
pair of Wood ducks, and, of course, lots of other critters, all stirred up
over Spring.

Nature is so very wonderful.

Old March 31st, 2004, 04:06 AM
daytripper

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:55:41 GMT, "Larry L"
wrote:

One of my neighbors saw a mountain lion about 1/2 mile from my house a
couple days ago. I'm in a "rural" area, but certainly NOT in the
"country," ... kinda cool if you ask me G I took a short walk today
and saw several Mallards working at mating/ nesting, a pair of Honkers, a
pair of Wood ducks, and, of course, lots of other critters, all stirred up
over Spring.

Nature is so very wonderful.

I dunno....You ever actually watch mallards "doing it"?
We have nesting pairs every year. The females damned near get drowned.

The males are....unethical...

/daytripper ("Natu It Ain't Disneyworld" ;-)
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:21 AM
Wayne Harrison

"daytripper" wrote

I dunno....You ever actually watch mallards "doing it"?
We have nesting pairs every year. The females damned near get drowned.

The males are....unethical...

/daytripper ("Natu It Ain't Disneyworld" ;-)

hilarious; and so ...empirical.

yfitons
wayno (when you were a kid, did you ever toss this invective: "oh, go ****
a duck!" very, very dark)

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:21 AM
Larry L

"daytripper" wrote

....You ever actually watch mallards "doing it"?

We have nesting pairs every year. The females damned near get drowned.

The males are....unethical...

/daytripper ("Natu It Ain't Disneyworld" ;-)

I raised Mallards for years, for dog training .... filthy and disgusting
animals, ..... IF you choose to see ( and smell ) em that way G

Hehe, no Nature ain't Disneyworld

But, I actually think of Disney as an arch villian because of how "his" work
encouraged people to divorce themselves from the realities of Nature.

Try working in the "dog biz" if you want to see just how divorced from that
reality people can be ....... it's astounding

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Charlie Choc

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:21:55 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

wayno (when you were a kid, did you ever toss this invective: "oh, go ****
a duck!" very, very dark)

When I lived in Kansas the police caught a guy doing precisely that in
the very very dark - but the noise gave him away. When they asked him
what he was doing, you can imagine what he said.
--
Charlie...
Old April 1st, 2004, 02:56 AM
Willi

Larry L wrote:
One of my neighbors saw a mountain lion about 1/2 mile from my house a
couple days ago. I'm in a "rural" area, but certainly NOT in the
"country," ... kinda cool if you ask me G I took a short walk today
and saw several Mallards working at mating/ nesting, a pair of Honkers, a
pair of Wood ducks, and, of course, lots of other critters, all stirred up
over Spring.

Nature is so very wonderful.

In Colorado there have been more and more encounters with mountain lions
in mountain and foothill communities. They have become much more
acclimated to the presence of man (with the growth and development,
they had little choice). The mountain lions used to avoid contact with
man and it was very uncommon to see them. Seems like with their
environment getting more encroached upon, they've started to adapt to
the presence of man.

Willi

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:58 AM
Wolfgang

[...]