Midge swap announcement and update(s).

Old March 10th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Wayne P

Default Midge swap announcement and update(s).

Is a Yongs Special ok ?

wayne p

"Svend Tang-Petersen" wrote in message

First let me answer a few questions up front :-) :

1) Im not Matt, nor does my name translate or permut into it.

2) Im certainly planning to mail back peoples fair share.

3) The intention is not to get files to go fishing, but toget some
patterns that
you can keep in your sample boxes for later copying.

So with that lets put down the 'rules' and timeline and see if people
agree with those.

a) limited to ~15 tiers (last time we were only 7 so that should be
enough)

b) You can either tie 1 pattern with a duplicate fly for each swapper
or 2 patterns with just
1 fly for each person (I prefer varity), i.e. at the most you would
have to tie 30 flies.

c) everything else as usual, i.e. labeled flies, postage paid return
packages etc.. (you know the drill).

Timeline:

March 12: sign up ends

April 9: deadline for shipping to me.

April 23: last day for me to ship the flies back to participants.

April 26-29: Going to Hot Creek ranch to test the patterns.

I dont have a web server to make a formal swap page, but will either
directly mail the group as the swap
progresses as well as posting on ROFF. I can attempt to do some digital
macro shoots of the flies if someone
wants to post them somewhere.

The list of participants so far (any corrections welcome):

Bill Mason
Bruiser : Colorado pattern.
Hans van der Strom
Lat705 : Catskill Adams.
Paul Williamson
Svend Tang-Petersen: Hanging midge & suspended midge.
troutbum
Wayne P
Willi

Old March 10th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Svend Tang-Petersen

Wayne P wrote:

Is a Yongs Special ok ?

wayne p

Anything that qualifies as a midge.

Old March 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Josh Blair

Svend,

Is it too late to join the swap? If not, I'd like to join.

Thanks,
--
Josh Blair
Software Developer

Old March 10th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Svend Tang-Petersen

Josh,

you are most welcome (as lucky #13, so we are no longer the dirty dozen).

Old March 11th, 2004, 12:46 AM
Wayne P

ok count me in with a Yong Special . . it's definately a midge . . and I use
them here in Arkansas.

wayne

Old March 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Josh Blair

Svend,

Count me in for 1 Yong Blood & 1 Dorsey's Mercury Blood Midge for each
participant.

Thanks,

Josh