Puzzler from another site

Old May 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

Default Puzzler from another site

You guys are pretty clever at figuring stuff out (I think of the time
Wolfgang posted some random picture and we all narrowed down the
location to a few meters).

This picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...1/pic1940a.jpg
was posted on rec.puzzles on a regularly occurring thread, "What is
it?" It's an unknown, so there is no answer forthcoming. The only clue
is that it was found on a beach in Ireland....it measures about 8
inches on a side. Any ideas?

--riverman
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

On 05/28/2010 04:05 AM, --riverman wrote:
You guys are pretty clever at figuring stuff out (I think of the time
Wolfgang posted some random picture and we all narrowed down the
location to a few meters).

This picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...1/pic1940a.jpg
was posted on rec.puzzles on a regularly occurring thread, "What is
it?" It's an unknown, so there is no answer forthcoming. The only clue
is that it was found on a beach in Ireland....it measures about 8
inches on a side. Any ideas?

--riverman

It's a puzzle. You're suppose to figure out how they put it together.

Russell
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

This picturehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic1940a.jpg
was posted on rec.puzzles on a regularly occurring thread, "What is
it?" It's an unknown, so there is no answer forthcoming. The only clue
is that it was found on a beach in Ireland....it measures about 8
inches on a side. Any ideas?

--riverman

It's a puzzle. You're suppose to figure out how they put it together.

Russell

No...it's clear how it assembles. The question is what is it used for?
Could it just be a nothing that someone made? Seems a bit well done
for that.....
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-05-28 21:06:26 -0400, --riverman said:

[...]

It's a boomerang designed by a committee.

Old May 29th, 2010, 04:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

[...]

That would be a 'stick'
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

On 2010-05-28 21:06:26 -0400, --riverman said:

[...]

Not if it was an Irish committee :-)

Old May 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
sandy[_4_]

On Fri, 28 May 2010 03:05:44 -0700, --riverman wrote:

You guys are pretty clever at figuring stuff out (I think of the time
Wolfgang posted some random picture and we all narrowed down the
location to a few meters).

Looks like a handy, portable spouse tether
Old May 29th, 2010, 02:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_4_]

--riverman wrote:
You guys are pretty clever at figuring stuff out (I think of the time
Wolfgang posted some random picture and we all narrowed down the
location to a few meters).

This picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...1/pic1940a.jpg
was posted on rec.puzzles on a regularly occurring thread, "What is
it?" It's an unknown, so there is no answer forthcoming. The only clue
is that it was found on a beach in Ireland....it measures about 8
inches on a side. Any ideas?

It's a wrench. You can easily visualize the shape of the thing it's
meant to tighten and loosen, but what that thing is I'm still working on.

- JR
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_3_]

On May 28, 3:05*am, --riverman wrote:
You guys are pretty clever at figuring stuff out (I think of the time
Wolfgang posted some random picture and we all narrowed down the
location to a few meters).

This picturehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic1940a.jpg
was posted on rec.puzzles on a regularly occurring thread, "What is
it?" It's an unknown, so there is no answer forthcoming. The only clue
is that it was found on a beach in Ireland....it measures about 8
inches on a side. Any ideas?

--riverman

....It's got something to do with vegetation...like when you manke
hands of tobacco and hang 'em in the ba\nn...a sheaves of grain
holder? handy take-down fish net?

I'm really curious...

john

Old May 31st, 2010, 12:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On May 28, 5:05*am, --riverman wrote:
You guys are pretty clever at figuring stuff out (I think of the time
Wolfgang posted some random picture and we all narrowed down the
location to a few meters).

This picturehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/harnett65/Album11/pic1940a.jpg
was posted on rec.puzzles on a regularly occurring thread, "What is
it?" It's an unknown, so there is no answer forthcoming. The only clue
is that it was found on a beach in Ireland....it measures about 8
inches on a side. Any ideas?

--riverman

You use it to hold a sheaf of wheat.
Frank Reid