Avet Reels

Old March 10th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Nick Baehr

Default Avet Reels

Hi,

recently I have come across Avet reels - which are not sold in Germany - and
was wondering if anyone has any experience with these relative newcomers to
the market. I am especially interested in reviews of the EX 4/02.

Any clues to the quality of the brake system, gearshifting and overall
handling?

Thanks Nick

Old March 10th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Sam Salmon

Go to http://www.sport-fishing-info.com then to the Tackle
Forum-tonnes of info on Avet reels.

Old March 10th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Calif Bill

wrote:

Hi,

recently I have come across Avet reels - which are not sold in Germany -

and
was wondering if anyone has any experience with these relative newcomers

the market. I am especially interested in reviews of the EX 4/02.

Any clues to the quality of the brake system, gearshifting and overall
handling?

Thanks Nick

Good recommendation. I fished with my SX for the first time last weekend
for Salmon. Biggest 18# (About 8 kilos) Worked like a dream. I have my
SX spooled with 50# Power Pro. But ran with about 8# drag. 50# as I had a
spool on the desk, and I run a light drag with salmon as we have to fish
barbless hooks and avoids making the hook hole bigger. Less lost fish.
Depending on the size fish you are after, they have just released the MX in
a 2 speed version. Would be great for deep jigging.

Old March 12th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Nick Baehr

thanks for the feedback - it was good enough to order some

Nick

Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:37 AM
SQuah SQuah is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Baehr
thanks for the feedback - it was good enough to order some

Nick
Well just bought my first Avet MXJ6, fish with it once recently. After the trip the reel was rinsed with fresh water with the drag set at strike. After a week of air dry, I open the reel up for some inspection, noticed that salt crystal has formed around the drag and drag washer. Just hope that Avet will look into that, as I do not wish to service the reel after every trip.

PS I do not have that problem with Penn or Shimano.

Steve